Notices

Question about withdrawal symptoms

Old 08-03-2005, 01:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question about withdrawal symptoms

Hi all,

There is something that's really bothering me. How can drinking just one or two nights bi-weekly cause significant withdrawal symptoms? I mean I was always under the impression that you had to be drinking heavy amounts daily in order to experience withdrawal. Yet when I drink, though its only about once a week (used to be more. see my previous post for more info. I'm new here ), I get withdrawal symptoms. Like for two nights after, I can't sleep much and when I do I get incredibally vivid dreams. I sweat alot more, and the anxiety is otherwordly. I know these aren't standard hangover symptoms for me cause I know what a "normal" hangover does to me. Now I do suffer from anxiety disorder anyway so maybe this makes it worse but still.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Lightbulb Well...

I suggest a medical check up... be honest with your doctor as to how much you drink.

Then you can begin recovery knowing your health issues.

It takes 3/4 days for alcohol to leave your body. And that is the least time! Some of us retain the toxin longer.

Blessings...
Old 08-03-2005, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

Some people are predispositioned to very low tolerance despite the amount they drink. Some have higher sensitivities which reaks havoc to the nervous system and thus the reason you'll often hear it referred to an allergy. If your symptoms don't subside after a week of abstinance see your doctor.

You may want to go to a second hand book store and purchase Under the Influence, it's a great read about the physiological aspects of alcohol. You can also get it online at amazon for under a buck!
Old 08-03-2005, 08:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well see I had a physical done last month and everything came out just fine. In fact my doctor said I was in great health. So I dont think these feelings could be attributed to anything physical. Personally, I am 95% sure they are made worse by the anxiety that I suffer. I know that anxiety suffers(including social drinkers) who drink alcohol tend to have worse "morning after" effects than those who dont, due to the fact that anxiety itself overactivates the nervous system, as does coming down off the alcohol.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

But thank you for your input.