Notices

It's Morning.

Old 02-10-2001, 01:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Slaaamuus

Post It's Morning.

When I would open my eyes only two years ago, the first thought that raced through my Brain was, "Why did I wake up again?". The next thought invariably would be, "I need some money, how will I get it?". I was sick and alcoholic withdrawal was right around the corner. Panic would set in but I was too sick to even panhandle my way to another drink.
I'm two years sober today and this morning I woke with thoughts of nourishment of mind and body; I immediatly checked off my gratitude list and I only have one major goal today-- dont drink!!

P.S. And hit a meeting!!

Old 02-12-2001, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
John Stiemke

Congradulations on two years. That is 730 days, one day at a time. Sounds like the program and meetings have changed your outlook on life. It works if you work it.

Old 02-12-2001, 07:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
John Stiemke

Congradulations on two years. That is 730 days, one day at a time. Sounds like the program and meetings have changed your outlook on life. It works if you work it.

Old 02-27-2001, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
styloebetoe

Donna,
Congrads on two years one day at a time it sounds like the promises on Page 83-84 of the Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous) are comming true for you! They will allways materialize if we work for them!

Old 02-27-2001, 08:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
styloebetoe

Red face

Sorry not Donna but Slaaamuus

Old 03-08-2006, 05:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My Partner is an alcholic and he has been drinking now since he was 14 and he is now 32. He has been in detox 3 times but has carried on drinking when he came out and nothing seems to make him stop, he has got dvt as well so that doesn't help matters either and he was on about going on antabuse what do you think about that and have you any suggestions which can help him stop please as he really does need help??

Thanks

Shez
Old 03-08-2006, 06:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trying to Enjoy Life Now

Congrats on the two years, that's a long time.

I never really understood the "one day at a time" thing until I actually WANTED and tried to get sober.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Slaaamuus
When I would open my eyes only two years ago, the first thought that raced through my Brain was, "Why did I wake up again?". The next thought invariably would be, "I need some money, how will I get it?". I was sick and alcoholic withdrawal was right around the corner. Panic would set in but I was too sick to even panhandle my way to another drink.
I'm two years sober today and this morning I woke with thoughts of nourishment of mind and body; I immediatly checked off my gratitude list and I only have one major goal today-- dont drink!!

P.S. And hit a meeting!!
Congratulations on your two years. It's been a little longer than that for me but your words brought back those same feelings to me. Pure panic, and all I'd done was open my eyes and realize I was still alive. My goal today is the same as yours. Be grateful I don't have to drink and make a meeting, or at least a daily contact with a drunk. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 yrs. Keep up the good work. "ONE DAY AT A TIME. "

Shell M.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well if Slaaamus is still sober he would have more like seven years sober and not two.
( Gee I hope he/she is)
Old 11-30-2007, 11:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Originally Posted by Sugah View Post
kelsh? Um...the date?
I have done the same thing. Not sure how the old threads seem to pop up every now and then but it taught me to check the date of the thread before I reply. Saves me a little embarassment.