Notices

thank's beer you did it again

Old 07-02-2005, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry thank's beer you did it again

i went 2 week's without drinking. i was doing very good everything was looking better.i felt good, my head was clear,i had energy.lastnight i was bored so i went to the bar.i feel like **** about it.i didnt have fun i fell right back into my old ways for a night and i hate myself for it today.im not the same person when im drunk everything about me changes.just woundering how you forgive yourself when your down on yourself because of drinking.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Hey She!

I have been there many times. Hatein on yourself is not going to change anything. We have a disease. Have you tried a support group of any kind? I use AA as my method of recovery.
Listen, today is a new day, fall foward and dont beat yourself up, it's pointless. Bless and welcome back.
Trish
Old 07-02-2005, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

Free,

Heck I did that dozens of times before I learned to stop beating myself up over it. How I learned is that I wrote down how I felt, kept it in my wallet (and still keep it in my wallet) and read it to remind myself why I dont drink if the urge strikes me. Once I had it in writing, I had a contract with myself. Sounds dorky, but I have a thing about breaking contracts or promises.

Draw on the success of two weeks! Rarely does one just up and quit and be successful without the failures. In some cases, success is impossible without the failures. Mine was, at least.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

All of us

keep drinking u until we learn how to quit and stay qquit!

Working the AA program is my answer to the remorse and guilt feelings from my drinking.

I also kept a paper in my billfold. Mine was of the de tox sympyoms from my last withdrawal. Very unpleasant and scarey stuff.

I do hope you will try again...
Old 07-03-2005, 03:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Michael

Free,
Don't blame the beer, it was the innocent party. You were the one who listened to the voice of addiction inside your head and fell for its trick. I listened to it a few times and fell off the perch the same as you and the one thing I learned is that it is no use beating yourself up about it. What you need to do is to take positive action, guilt is utterly negative and will pull you down.
When I first came to this site I was directed to a site called Rational Recovery and it worked for me. Give it a try, you have nothing to lose, and see how you get on. Learn to recognise the addictive voice inside your head and you will be better prepared for it when it next comes to call.
Good luck with whatever way you choose to get and remain sober.
Michael
Old 07-03-2005, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thank you all so much
Old 07-03-2005, 09:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Hope you have a better today.One day at a time.Bless, Trish
Old 07-03-2005, 09:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

focus on the two good weeks... how you felt then... how you want to be there again... go today sober, tomorrow sober... you WILL feel fine again. The guilt is just a way your mind teaches you what not to do the next time, but you shouldn't let it get out of hand.

Give it a sober day and you will start to feel better... I just did the same thing you did a few days ago and I'm back on track and feeling great... and I didn't just go out one night, I binged for a few days... Hang in there.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Done it a million times dude, went without a drink for a couple of weeks and thought " hey i can do it, i can have a few now im ok", but the fact is we will never be ok with drink, i was off the drink for 8 weeks and my mate brought round a movie, i thought i would have a few "now that i was better" and behold i was straight back on it with the guilt trip from hell.I've went 2 days sober now and i'll just keep telling the crqvings to GET LOST, you do the same.Think about it, what's the point of all the guilt when you can just say NO and have nothing too worry about.I know it's hard but the result from drinking is harder to deal with than saying no to a craving.

god bless.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

it's strange because it wasnt really a craving, well maybe a mind craving. i was feeling like i missed the social life i have when i drink,the people, the music,the "fun times". but i have not had a fun time drinking in over a year. every time i drink something bad happens and its one of thos leassons that i have had to re learn a hundred and 2 times. thank you all for posting on this topic. it helps alot.