Notices

challanges

Old 10-22-2002, 11:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

challanges

Hey everyone,

I'm not usually found here on this forum but lately I have found myself being challanged once again with an overwhelming sense to just escape it all....to just not feel the stress, the pulling and tugging, the obligation of an only child to her demanding parent.

I've already put a pretty lengthy posts in "eating disorders" about most of this so I won't ramble on here. I just thought I would "check myself in here" for a little refresher on not using drinking to run away from feeling. My eating and drinking addiction have in the past gone hand in hand. I have used one or the other to get me through in the past, but I know that's not healthy. but as you all know; what we know in our heads doesn't always follow what we do in our actions. So here I am putting it out there when I usually keep it to myself and deal with it quietly. Unfortunately when I stopped using alcohol I continued using food for comfort. But now that I am really trying to control that part and doing pretty good, the other keeps creeping in my thoughts.

Ooops, to late I rambled on already. Well, we'll just start at step-1 and take in one day at time.

Thanks for listening,

Pony
Old 10-23-2002, 07:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Pony -

I am right next to you, we can do this together!!!!

thanks for your honesty, you know how I feel already so I won't babble on and tell you again.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you Pauline

Hugs,

Pony
Old 10-23-2002, 11:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

mmmm....I'm the only parent of a demanding child. I would like to escape too.

I'm proud of both of you. I haven't even begun to tackle my food problem yet.

I tried to quit smoking not to long ago and literally walked around with a fork in my hand. I swore my stomach was about to burst and was so afraid that I would be humiliated in an emergency room somewhere with a ruptured stomach from overeating.

Hugs to you both.

MG

Old 10-25-2002, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

MG I hear you on that fear. There have been days when my refrig. seemed like it had an automatic door opener. As soon as I step into the kitchen it just seemed to open right up for me to peek in and grab something/anything. And my little nibble fork has had a stand by spot on my counter ready for use. Ah the heck with it, I'll just use my fingers........lol.

That's really been my biggest problem, the eating in between and late at night. But more recently it doesn't happen unless I am stressed or upset about something. Now I catch myself at it because I can recongize what I am feeling and what I am doing. Sometimes not soon enough before I have already snacked on something, but eventually I come to my senses and stop myself or pick something that is better for me. But sometimes even the food hasn't worked and that's when I feel the sense of reaching for something more as in drinking. Coming here and admitting that is very "releasing" if that makes any sense.Going to the gym has really helped alot, if only for my mind. It's worth it.

Well have to go to work. Have a great day all.

Pony

Last edited by Pony; 10-25-2002 at 05:46 AM.