Notices

The Holidays!

Old 11-03-2002, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

The Holidays!

Helloooooooo,

The holiday season is upon us. Lets all stay close. This can be a risky time for many of us.

Love you all and it is good to be back home.

My love, Pickle
Old 11-03-2002, 12:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Pickle -

We are glad to have you back. Now that the season is over, are we going to have the pleasure of your company a little more? I hope so.

You are right, we need to stick close, this is a hard time of year.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Raj
Paused

The holiday season is the only time i am always effortlessly sober. this was the case for the last four years. i feel so naturally festive since everything is so cheery.

on an unrelated note, is this like the slowest message forum on the internet, it is really depressing.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Dear Pauline,

It is so good to hear from you. Yes, I will be around until May when baseball starts again. Thank you for writing.

Love, Bev

Raj,

You are one of the lucky ones. Some of us suffer from broken relationships due to our drinking so the holidays can be hard for us. Sorry the website depresses you. Keep up the good work.

Love, Bev
Old 11-06-2002, 04:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Bev,
I don't mean to speak for Raj . . . and I am NOT speaking for Raj, but for myself. This board -- and website -- are not depressing in themselves. However. . . . It is depressing that there are not more posts on this board, because alcoholics, like myself, need experience, strength and hope -- AND posts from newcomers -- to know that we are not alone. This board has been slow, and I've missed the activity.

As for the holidays, . . . Thanksgiving isn't so bad for me. But Christmas and New Year are the pits! Gratefully, this year I am in a new job that requires me to work between Christmas and New Year. That will help me a lot, I'm sure.

Aside from work, I DO need other people here to post and comment, and help keep me sober. I've relied on this site as much as I've relied on AA.

Let's get through November 28 through January 2 together . . . sober!!

Hugs,
Syl
Old 11-17-2002, 07:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Doug

The Holiday's

Oh boy, the Holiday's. I used to like them and don't anymore. Usually get this feeling of dread and then want to just bury my head in the dirt untill they pass. This year I'm gonna volunteer at some "Alka-thons" and hopefully that will at least get rid of the lonely feelings. I'm not sure what it was that changed me and the holiday's.....I used to really like them, about 15 yrs ago....
Oh well, thanks for listening

Old 11-17-2002, 10:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Dear Doug,

Thank you for the reply.

Until I remarried, my friend and I spendt Christmas Day sharing at the Women's Division of Orange County Jail and then would have dinner at one of the recovery homes. You know, I really miss it.

You sound like you are on the right track. Your feelings will change as you travel the road and more will be revealed. Today I remember the true meaning of Christmas and enjoy giving and hugging my grandchildren.

God Bless you Darlin'

Love, Pickle
Old 11-17-2002, 10:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Doug

Thank you Pickle.