Notices

weird things

Old 06-03-2005, 06:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

weird things

To start off I'm on 3 days, again, which i have been doing for the last month... drink a few days really hard then stop a few days and so forth. Anyhow, I have no other symptoms but I feel bloated all the time now. Like I can tell I'm retaining water (and it seems like most everywhere), which is odd and scary. I don't have any pains or anything and I've been reading that when you drink for a long time and then quit your body retains more water because it is so used to being dehydrated. I'm really hoping that's what it is, I'm only 22 and only drank heavy for a little under 2 years, so I really doubt I have cirrhosis or anything too terrible, but did anyone else experience this? I've made my decision to stick with it this time and hopefully my body will figure out what is going on soon. Thanks for any responses.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good

to see you are trying again...

You are in detox and will be for a few more days.
Usally lasts 3/4 days.

Sorry...I have no idea why you are feeling bloated.

I suggest a check up with your doctor next week. And be honest. A wise move is to know what is going on with your body.

Keep in touch..
Old 06-03-2005, 07:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Try drinking a NO Caffeine black tea, it is a diuretic and will take care of your bloat. I gotta tell you though, someting that looks like bloat can also be caused by an extended liver. doesn't matter how old you are, depends a lot on how much poison you put into your body and YOUR own bodies ability to process it.

Not all livers are created equal! Keep us posted!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

I'm glad your still trying, best advice consult with your doctor.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, I'm well aware of the idea that my liver could be very messed up, and that hepatitis can cause bloating and everything, but it seems like it's one of the more severe symptoms and I have nothing else. But still that could be the case, although I hope not.

If it doesn't get better, next week I'll go to the doctor, I figured thats what everyone would say anyway. Even though I'm sure they'll just say to quit drinking and I have so it doesn't seem like it would help much.

Thanks for the smilies.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Michael

When I drank I would often be bloated and dehydrated after a binge. The bloating affected my abdomen, my hands and ankles and usually lasted a couple of days or less and seemed to disappear when I had got my fluid intake balanced again. If your symptoms persist you should seek medical advice.
Michael
Old 06-04-2005, 04:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for your response micheal, it's already doing better today I hope it stays that way, and good luck with everything going on right now.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

Try drinking a lot of water to flush out your system. I know it sounds counter-intuitive to drink water for water retention, but I know from experience that it works. Most likely it is nothing serious. But it could become something serious very easily if you continue to drink. Don't pick up that drink just for today. Worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes.