Notices

Tomorrow is a Big Day for Me

Old 05-02-2005, 04:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I took a nap and while doing that boyfriend went out and bought a bottle of wine because according to him: "if we each just have a few glasses we'll feel so much better and we'll REALLY quit tomorrow." I'm not touching it. I had a feeling he would pull something like this.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Stay strong. That's about all I can say. You can not live his life, but you have the right ideas. Take care and keep posting here, it helps.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Absolutely!!!

Originally Posted by NoMoBeer
FWD:

Great to see you on here. Hope things are going well for you... have you checked out AA yet? Very different from any of the nutty posts you see here on SR!

Ken
RIght on Ken!

FWD, Fishy and all - can wholeheartedly recommend AA - it's filled with cool people...like Ken and me! LOL!

But seriously, the nicest people I have met in my LIFE come from the rooms of AA - and SR - would not have believed that if someone said that to me even 6 months ago!

Hope you are doing well FWD - I'm REALLY impressed that you withstood the temptation of the bottle of wine!!! You're doing great!

Cathy31
x
Old 05-03-2005, 07:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Fun

i am in the same boat, only my guy doesn't think he has a problem, drinks on the way home sometimes and lies about where he has been; when i don't drink, he drinks less; i am learning that i have to concentrate on me and make my soberity my priority, i feel so much better when i don't drink, life is full of so many good things that i would miss if i were drinking; stay strong; i am going to make it

Pistol
Old 05-03-2005, 08:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

FWD, congratulations on resisting the temptation. God willing, when I come here tomorrow at this time I will be celebrating right along with you.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well done Fun!! you did really good resisting ! im proud of you Im sorry your boyfriend doesnt see you both have a problem, this must make things so much harder for you. So well done ! keep with it, just for today........
Old 05-03-2005, 09:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

Indeed I did not drink any of the wine. He drank about half of it and then poured then rest out and apologized for bringing into the house AND he admitted those glasses of wine did not make him feel better. Boyfriend says there are two types of alcoholics -- those that are born that way and those that it takes 20 years to "become" an alcoholic -- whatever that means. I told him I'm the first kind and I think he just doesn't want to believe me -- he hasn't known me terribly long and isn't aware of my past alcohol problems though I've been trying to fill him in. He asked me what I want to do and I told him I'm not sure yet and he said we will handle it.

So this is my day #2! I slept a ton again last night -- almost 12 hours but sweat a lot and my stomach bugs me now and again. I feel a little less anxious today.

Last night I could not stop cleaning or doing things around the house! LOL My house shall soon sparkle.

How is everyone else? You can do it!
Old 05-03-2005, 05:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi! Just checking in again. Got a lot accomplished today -- catching up on all the stuff I wasn't doing when I was on my drinking binge. House is looking way cleaner, we actually have clean dishes in the cupboards and clean clothes to wear. LOL I even took a rather long nap after all that sleep last night. When does someone get their normal energy back?

I've been trying to drink plenty of water and eat when my body tells me it needs food. Today is only day #2 and it seems like 2 weeks already. lol
Old 05-03-2005, 07:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Chy

Way to go on day 2!! You can do this!!
Old 05-04-2005, 10:01 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Day #3!
Old 05-04-2005, 11:41 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

WOWEE
AWESOME!!! Way to go, Fun!!!! BRILLIANT WELL DONE!
How do you feel??
Cathy31
x
Old 05-04-2005, 11:52 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cathy31
WOWEE
AWESOME!!! Way to go, Fun!!!! BRILLIANT WELL DONE!
How do you feel??
Cathy31
x
I feel proud but know I have a very long way to go. I also feel extremes -- very tired yet anxious/irritable and very hungry yet food is kind of icky.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:58 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Michael

FWD,

You are doing great and it seems to me that your boyfriend is catching on to what a life changing experience you are going through.
Keep at it girl, you can do it.
Michael
Old 05-04-2005, 12:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Originally Posted by FunWhenDrunk
I feel proud but know I have a very long way to go. I also feel extremes -- very tired yet anxious/irritable and very hungry yet food is kind of icky.
ALL symptoms of detoxing off booze I am very happy that you are still at it and are doing so well.....Keep up the good work.....YEAH....I love it when a plan comes together......Kahlia
Old 05-04-2005, 05:43 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FunWhenDrunk
Hi! Just checking in again. Got a lot accomplished today -- catching up on all the stuff I wasn't doing when I was on my drinking binge. House is looking way cleaner, we actually have clean dishes in the cupboards and clean clothes to wear. LOL I even took a rather long nap after all that sleep last night. When does someone get their normal energy back?

I've been trying to drink plenty of water and eat when my body tells me it needs food. Today is only day #2 and it seems like 2 weeks already. lol
Awesome news FWD! I know exactly what you mean about it being day 2 and seeming like 2 weeks. I can scarcely believe that it was only yesterday morning that I woke up crying with guilt and shame.

My house doesn't look much cleaner, lol, but I did force myself to take quiet time for myself both yesterday and today, to-do lists be damned! As soon as my kids went to their weekly club meeting, I took a nice long bath. I'm really enjoying the Living Sober book; it's just quietly comforting to me. I'll be reading, reading, reading, and all of a sudden there is a "lightbulb" moment. Very good stuff.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:56 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day #4

I feel so much better -- at least right now LOL. Yesterday my withdrawal symtoms changed throughout the day. Right now I feel full of energy and that horrible anxious/cranky feeling is almost gone.

I participated in the newcomers chat last night and that was a big help.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Chy

Whoa, your first post exhausted me! *LOL* As important as it is to find new avenues in occupying your time in the first couple of days/weeks it's very important to rest! Sleep, eat well, relax, as over doing it will suck once the emotional aspects of recovery kick in the first few weeks. So resting, sleeping, drinking a lot of water, vitamins and eating well will begin to heal the internal damage as provide you strength in coping with the emotional rollercoaster ride when it kicks in. You've got plenty of time to do all those things, but first, heal.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:00 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

how are you doing FUn! thinking of you you are doing SO GREAT!
Cathy31
x
Old 05-06-2005, 10:44 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I love your optimism FWD! It was very encouraging to read that your crankiness is subsiding.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:55 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

This is day #6!

I don't know how I got through yesterday -- found out I was being sued and all. Anyways, it was hard but I did not drink. Today boyfriend has a get together with his family but I declined to go -- I have to put me and my sobriety first and I just can't take the pressure of something like that right now.