Notices

Here I go again

Old 03-19-2005, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here I go again

This time I am really done. Yesterday, I went out to run errands with my kiddos in town and decided to stop at the liquor store. When I got back in my truck I looked at my kids and saw a silent disappointment that I have never seen before. I still drank when I got home and woke up this morning dumped the bottle out and said over and over again to myself - I can this! So, here I go again - Day one.

I will probably be posting a lot so that I stay on track.

Thanks, again, for being here.

Renee
Old 03-19-2005, 07:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, and let me mention that when I did get home and started drinking my 13 yo said "I thought you were going to quit drinking, I even told grandma and she was excited for you too". Whoa Nelly - big let down. She must have heard me tell my husband that I was going to quit and out of excitement told my mother. Ouch, I felt awful and drank to stop the guilt. I was feeling pretty stupid and still am.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Don't quit trying Renee and I won't either!

Paul J (Day 3)
Old 03-19-2005, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Paul:

How do you feel on day three, haven't been able to make it there yet.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Paul and Renee,
Just dropped by to say don't give up! What you're trying to accomplish is difficult and takes time. I'm hoping both of you are finding the strength you need to get through today.
Val
Old 03-19-2005, 11:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

hi goneridin, i couldn't start to list the times I saw that disappointment on my girls faces....or my daughter saying...you're drinking again!?.....
Today i try not to say NEVER, never say never, the saying goes.
I don't know what tomorrow will bring I only have to stay in today, today i wo0n't drink or drug, thats so much easier and doable than never.
Expectations lead to disappointment.
Wishing TODAY is a doable sober day for you. \\//peace
Old 03-19-2005, 01:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Stopping the tornado

Hi goneriding,
That's my plan too, I'm gonna post as much as I can to stay sober. Especially since I am still in withdrawl and can't accomplish much more than typing on the computer.

But hey, on the bright side, at least I can type today without the violent shaking!!

This site has been a godsend to me for these past 3 sober days of hell.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I am getting through. Man, what is it with chocolate milk, that stuff is awesome. I have been on the atkins diet for a month and right now I believe that sobriety is my priority and I need to drink/eat all of the carbs I can. :-)
Old 03-19-2005, 02:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Hey Val, thanks for the support and encouragement!

Renee, day 3 is still pretty rough!!

Grateful, keep up the good work!

Paul J
Old 03-19-2005, 03:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Stopping the tornado

Thanks Paul J, you too. It is getting better though!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

For o our newbies...

This is from my files...I do not have the source. Sorry.

If you plan to stop drinking all at once, you must have medical supervision for your detox if any of the following are true for you:

1. If you have a history of blood pressure that is higher than 140/90.
2. If you have used more than a six pack of beer daily, more than six 4 oz. glasses of wine or more than eight ounces (half a pint) of liquor per day for over a year.
3. If you have had prior withdrawal symptoms, such as depression or agitation.
4. If you have ever had seizures for any reason, and in particular if you have had alcohol DT's.
5. If you are using any other (either illegal or prescription) drugs in combination with the alcohol. This particularly includes benzodiazepines such as Valium, Librium or Xanex.

Withdrawal from significant or long standing alcohol use can be a serious process. Keep yourself safe as you make this change. You are taking a very important and brave step.

Withdrawal symptoms can include depression, insomnia, sweating, tremulousness, agitation, irritability, and brain "fog."

Bleeding, swings in blood pressure, convulsuations, heart palpitations and hallucinations...means the ER.

Withdrawal usually starts 4-6 hours after the time you usually have your alcohol. If you drink every day at 6:00 PM, you will begin to experience discomfort that evening. If you have been a heavy drinker, your doctor may prescribe short term medication which will minimize the possibility of having seizures during detox.

.................................................. .........

I did not use a doctor when I quit. Here are things that worked for me...

Drink lots of juices and water + orange juice and honey.
A soft diet...rest often...showers for sweating..aspirin for aches. By day 4 I was feeling physically better.

Just think..this can be your LAST de tox!!
Old 03-20-2005, 02:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

If I had a nickel.......

You know if I had a nickel for everytime that was my last....well, I wouldn't be rich but I sure would have a lots of nickels.
All I can say is hang in there... keep coming here and posting that seems to help me thru the rougher times.
When you don't see me on for awhile it's because I am doing pretty good. I'm back today - because the evil twins voice kept cropping up in my head and I was afraid I would listen to her.
Yesterday was... today is. Just keep trying.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Hey Gone Riding, you ever lay your bike down? Go out and lay it down every time out from now on. You get the same unpleasant results from that as when you drink.

You need to ask yourself why you want to drink? Do you feel unloved? Are you under stress? Find out what your triggers are. What was going on thru your mind when you bought the vodka?

What ever we go thru in life, drinking will only make it worse
Old 03-20-2005, 05:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You guys are great. Doing ok today, I truly believe that I am done with the drink. I had put some deep issues to rest the night I decided to quit. I spoke with an old friend out of the blue she called me. She knew about some things I had gone through and whoa I just let it all out. I feel much better now. I am drinking me a Diet Dr Pepper and enjoying my dinner. I plan on watching Intervention tonight and then calling it a day. Strange, but I have no desire to drink like I have the past four times.

Hey CAPTAINZING2000: Yep, I laid my bike down leaving work on a Friday after I sat at my desk with a Red Bull spiked with Vodka - stupid. Nobody saw me and I am surprised that I made it home splitting lanes. Actually, you folks are the only one to know that I ever did that.

Thanks for your help and support.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I bite.

Keep on going goneriding!