Notices

Where have all the alcoholics gone??

Old 12-17-2001, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Post Where have all the alcoholics gone??

Alright! Somebody needs to get this message board going again! December 5th was the last time anybody wrote anything?!!? Well I guess that can be a good thing, I guess there are no more alcoholics left out there. I'm going to attempt to get this message board going again, probably will fail, but hey it's worth the try at least. I am not an alcoholic, never have been...but I have drank before, I have drank in LARGE quantities before, I have drank for long periods of times, I have drank large quantities of alcohol for long periods of time. And yet, I never got addicted, never felt withdrawls, never had cravings...I just drank recreational and when I would drink for long periods it would only be because I have a few alcoholic buddies and I'll drink with them weeks straight sometimes. Yet I still never had hangovers in the morning, I never EVER have drank in the morning or before 6 o'clock to that extent. I honestly think that alcohol is addictive to only certain people...or certain people may be predisposed to it. But then again, maybe not. I was addicted to opiates and other drugs...maybe that plays some sort of role in why I never got addicted to alcohol which I always found very fun....
Old 12-21-2001, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Perhaps they're over in denial

[This message has been edited by RovenRev (edited January 03, 2002).]
Old 01-03-2002, 06:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

It took two and half years for me to get honest with myself, in a meeting. That was after another drunk. Not everyone can open up even hiding behind a password.

I would love to hear from more drunks and expecially hear them laugh! Thank you for your caring and your rallying! Is there a way to "advertise" the website? I found it by accident (Ha! Ha! There are no accidents in AA)

Keep plugin'
Love ya'

Pickle
Old 01-07-2002, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
muffinabadmood

I hope everyone is not out there on a holiday binge! I hope most of us made it through the holidays sober. If not, like me, I hope everyone was able to stop, clean up, get up and go back to work with the least damage done.

I woke up almost every morning from the 29 Dec. - 2. Jan with the worst hangover ever. I was heaving bile until early afternoon every day. Funny, though- what made me stop was getting on the scale and seeing that I had gained 7 pounds since before Christmas. That put me on a diet, which of course excludes alcohol.

I realized that drinking made my willpower turn to mush, thus allowing me not only to over-drink but over-eat too. What a meaningless, idiotic, sad thing to be doing! Just because I can't stay away from booze for a little while, until withdrawl fades? Because I'm too chicken to face a social situation sober? Because I've forgotten how to have fun, to have an interesting conversation, to laugh and tell jokes, to interact with a group without booze?? How pathetic!!

I didn't have a DROP for 2 days now and hope to keep it up forever and ever... but I know that's asking for too much. I can promise one thing; I won't drink tonight.

Happy new year everyone!! I hope this year will be a sober one for all of us!