View Single Post
Old 01-07-2002, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
muffinabadmood

I hope everyone is not out there on a holiday binge! I hope most of us made it through the holidays sober. If not, like me, I hope everyone was able to stop, clean up, get up and go back to work with the least damage done.

I woke up almost every morning from the 29 Dec. - 2. Jan with the worst hangover ever. I was heaving bile until early afternoon every day. Funny, though- what made me stop was getting on the scale and seeing that I had gained 7 pounds since before Christmas. That put me on a diet, which of course excludes alcohol.

I realized that drinking made my willpower turn to mush, thus allowing me not only to over-drink but over-eat too. What a meaningless, idiotic, sad thing to be doing! Just because I can't stay away from booze for a little while, until withdrawl fades? Because I'm too chicken to face a social situation sober? Because I've forgotten how to have fun, to have an interesting conversation, to laugh and tell jokes, to interact with a group without booze?? How pathetic!!

I didn't have a DROP for 2 days now and hope to keep it up forever and ever... but I know that's asking for too much. I can promise one thing; I won't drink tonight.

Happy new year everyone!! I hope this year will be a sober one for all of us!