Notices

Nightmares... again?

Old 03-23-2024, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Semi-Professional Philosopher

Nightmares... again?

We all know that the first few (or more) of sobriety can wreck total chaos on our sleep. For me, it lasted maybe 5 days or so. Not really sleeping, night terrors, nightmares, basically daydreaming with your eyes shut. Once I was past that, sleep got better.

Anyways, last night I had the roughest night of sleep I've had in a long time... couldn't sleep and when I did doze off I would awaken yelling due to a nightmare. Tried to think if I had anything unusual to eat before bed, and cannot think of anything.

Has this happened to anyone else post-sobriety?
Old 03-27-2024, 04:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It happened to me during the first week. I had a very bad vivid dream were something was lifting and stretching me apart. I could actually feel the pain in the dream. I was screaming in a very horse voice someone help me. My wife rolled over and hugged me and told me to wake up I was ok. That happened about 2 am. After I caught my breath I could not get back to sleep. Fortunately I did not have another one like it again.
Old 03-29-2024, 02:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have night mares at least once a week, sometimes every night. It's related to PTSD. Booze was how I medicated PTSD and passing out with booze and pills was how I managed the nightmares.

I take medication now for PTSD, but I still get nightmares.