Notices

is *** okay

Old 05-30-2023, 12:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

is *** okay

I've been taking cbdand it does help my anxiety a lot. the only thing I noticed is they make me a little tired and don't feel high. I'm taking them for anxiety and pain and they help both. I'm wondering if this okay not from a health standpoint but from a recovery standpoint. the gummy are made from hemp extract and not regular weed. it's the only thing that has helped me that I've found.
David
Old 05-30-2023, 12:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey David - glad you found something that helped! I dont know the rules or make them, following the "n of 1" method aka you are the best example of what works for you, I say listen to yourself. You seem like an introspective and self aware person, trust your gut if you think it's bad for your recovery or not.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Semi-Professional Philosopher

I've tried it off and on. I am type 2 bipolar and have cPTSD. My doctor recently prescribed a sleep aid, as the night terrors and nightmares are becoming an issue again, not sure why.
Old 06-06-2023, 10:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 100 View Post
I've been taking cbdand it does help my anxiety a lot. the only thing I noticed is they make me a little tired and don't feel high. I'm taking them for anxiety and pain and they help both. I'm wondering if this okay not from a health standpoint but from a recovery standpoint. the gummy are made from hemp extract and not regular weed. it's the only thing that has helped me that I've found.
David
As long as it does not contain THC it should be fine.
Old 06-09-2023, 09:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think it really depends on your drug of choice. For me weed was always my drug of choice and so CBD gave me just enough head change to want to chase that again. That turned into a 100mg a night edible habit and that was more than three years ago. The other thing I noticed was that it lessened my self control. I wanted to drink more often and it gave me this weird urge to smoke tobacco even though I had never been a smoker before. I was really experimenting with it though. I was doing 50+mg a day of CBD and when it was raw hemp I was doing 1-2 grams in edibles a night which is a LOT. In the end it was really about chasing those trace amounts of THC for me.

That aside, if that's not an issue for you I see it as a safer stand in for something like a benzo for situational anxiety. I think it can really help people who don't want to risk taking a powerful prescription drug.

Note that there are different CBD products. The hemp plant does contain small amounts of THC. If you're taking a full spectrum product you're going to feel a bit of a head change. There is also CBD isolate which does not have THC in it. People seem to fight about this a lot - the argue that CBD doesn't get you high and get really upset when people talk about this. If it's full spectrum you will feel something for sure.
Old 06-09-2023, 12:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Semi-Professional Philosopher

As Admiral was gettin at "broad spectrum" is the CBD only. "Full spectrum" has the THC with it.