Notices

dealing with tinnitus

Old 05-04-2023, 10:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dealing with tinnitus

okay so i was evaluated for tinnitus but I don't think but I now realize it's pushing to my heart beat. he asked if it was but I wasn't sure if it was. I said it was constant but I realize it's only in one ear and it's pulsing I couldn't tell before. so im freaking out I'm worried I'm going to have a stoke tonight. he said if it's pulsating I need imaging I'm going to call tomorrow. I have a headache and terrified I have a aneurysm or am on the very of a stoke. this has been happening for 3 years. I m terrible at answering doctors questions because I'm never sure and I couldn't tell it was pulsing until last night. I'm freaking out and I won't sleep tonight I know. I have to work tomorrow and don't want to call in yet again because I feel sick with mental health symptoms or physical health problems.
david
Old 05-04-2023, 10:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You may want to ask them about Fibromuscular Dysplasia. It is an arterial disease, but not tied to plaque. I was diagnosed after my second TIA. I have had migraines my whole adult life and also have Tinittus. They can diagnose it with an MRA or CTA. They first did an ultrasound of my carotid arteries and that is when they found it.
Old 05-04-2023, 10:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get checked by all means but it may be something as simple as wax in your ear David. It may not be your cause, but I have that and it explains my tinnitus and the heartbeat thing.
Old 05-04-2023, 10:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was checked out but I didn't realize it was pulsing so I believe all conclusions were eronouus. any way I'm calling tomorrow I'm afraid it's going to kill me tonight or have a stoke. I know I'm overreacting but I can't help it. this makes me realize I need to stop vaping it's a big wake up call. I was in denial that it was hurting me. I'm so tired of everything it's so easy to pick up new additions. I think a big part of it is my anxiety is terrible and basically treatment restant. my doctor said my level of anxiety is basically higher than even research cases basically off the charts. I'm worried I'm not goung to survive the night. so frustrated and at my wits end.
I wish they had rehab gor vaping vapinge I'm not having trouble staying sober otherwise currently.
david
Old 05-08-2023, 09:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Get checked by all means but it may be something as simple as wax in your ear David. It may not be your cause, but I have that and it explains my tinnitus and the heartbeat thing.
Mine is the same as Dee's, David. Please don't worry about it so much. Just have them check it out. You won't die tonight.

Mine also goes up when I drink coffee and/or salt, especially fast food.
Old 05-09-2023, 03:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
All is Change

I have tinnitus in left ear. Was worried at start and doc ordered a scan which showed a fatty deposit squashing the nerve from the ear where it passes through the skull. When I lose weight it goes down and if I overeat the noise increases. Meditation helps to not worry about it.