Notices

so tired

Old 04-10-2023, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so tired

I drank yesterday and smoked weed. I'm so tired of this its a nightmare I gets some time and then go back out. I'm sure my aa friends are tired of this. I'm keep thinking I'm done this will never happen again then it does. I know the vaping nicotine led to me relapsing on drinking. I keep getting tricked into something that's seems okay and I fall for it.
David
Old 04-10-2023, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will happen for as long as you let it happen David.
I dunno abut you, but things started to change when I put more effort into my recovery than I did into my drinking and drugging.

D

Old 04-11-2023, 12:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

3:18am….woke up around 2am….still trying to go back to sleep….I understand how you feel david.
Old 04-11-2023, 04:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Whenever someone who is trying to stay sober via A.A. relapses, a number of questions come to mind:

1. Did you get on your knees and ask God/HP to keep you sober that morning, and were you getting on your knees to thank God/HP for keeping you sober at night?
2. Were you attending at least 3 meetings per week? If you were in your first 90 days, were you doing 90 in 90?
3. Did you have a sponsor who has experience working the Steps as outlined in the Big Book, and were you actively working those Steps?

There are more relevant questions, but in my experience the relapse is almost always explained by a "no" to one or more of those 3 questions. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more about any of that.
Old 04-11-2023, 10:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 100 View Post
I drank yesterday and smoked weed. I'm so tired of this its a nightmare I gets some time and then go back out. I'm sure my aa friends are tired of this. I'm keep thinking I'm done this will never happen again then it does. I know the vaping nicotine led to me relapsing on drinking. I keep getting tricked into something that's seems okay and I fall for it.
David
You're not getting tricked into anything. You're making a conscious decision. The only solution is to have the power to make a conscious decision to not drink or use. You get that power from working the steps and asking for help.