Notices

consequences of last drunk

Old 03-15-2023, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

consequences of last drunk

well today they finally mentioned that they know that I sent inappropriate texts to during my last drunk 22 days ago. my employer just said vaguely that they heard I said inappropriate things to someone. it's was really awkward and embarrassing. they probably think I'm a perve they didn't know I was drunk.i didn't actually say anything because I would probably just make it worse. I'm not in trouble and it's not being written down. another reminder of what happens when I drink.
David
Old 03-15-2023, 08:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ZIP

Indeed.
I found that excessive drinking was high risk. People would find out--my neighbors would know, my employer would find out, my spouse or girlfriend would discover I was a chronic drunkard...Many people did.
I think that's what leads to alcoholics cheating, lying, and drinking in isolation. It's not just the battle with the bottle-- it's the battle with yourself, trying to cover up the dependence issue.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 100 View Post
well today they finally mentioned that they know that I sent inappropriate texts to during my last drunk 22 days ago. my employer just said vaguely that they heard I said inappropriate things to someone. it's was really awkward and embarrassing. they probably think I'm a perve they didn't know I was drunk.i didn't actually say anything because I would probably just make it worse. I'm not in trouble and it's not being written down. another reminder of what happens when I drink.
David
I really feel you on this one, 100 - the sexual stuff really caused me a lot of mental torment. It's embarrassing, for sure, but that will fade. Keep your head down, keep your side of the street clean, do your step work and everything will slowly get better. You may decide making direct amends would inflame this particular situation and that a living amends of being respectful, helpful and a conscientious colleague will be the way to go. It's tough when you are feeling the sting of shame and pain but it's a temporary feeling and good times await in the not too distant future. Just gotta gut it out in the meantime!
Old 03-16-2023, 01:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was once in the backseat of a car and i was so blackout wasted that i tried to kiss my sister ( not a very close sister but she is still family ) while my father was driving and a friend of mine was sitting next to him.
She sent me a message a few days later and told me that , i guess you can imagine the feeling , luckily she knew that i was totally smashed and she didn't get mad but i never talked about that with my father or my friend and they never brough it up , this was many years ago but i am still embarrassed about it.
Old 03-28-2023, 02:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you're feeling uneasy about the situation, it might be helpful to have an honest conversation with your employer about what happened, apologize for any inappropriate behavior, and reassure them that you're taking steps to address the issue.