Notices

uping in my meds

Old 03-23-2023, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

uping in my meds

my doctor said I could up my meds and I'm going to from 50mg to 100 MG because I'm barely sleeping at all. it because of my smoking my meds aren't working as well. I'm trying to quit but I'm finding it impossible. if I can get some sleep I probably can quit but I've sleep like 2 hours a night average since I started using nicotine again. i can't believe I did this to myself. I hate my smoking but the withdrawals are insane. I'm not having normal withdrawals probably because I'm not sleeping. I hope I can sleep tonight. I'm not going to buy anymore cigarettes. I'm don't think I can go cold turkey I want to but I don't know. at this point use the nicotine gum and not have the option to smoke by not having cigarettes. when I'm in withdrawal I can't think rationaly. I badly want to quit but so far I've been unable to. I feel horrible I don't want to live like this. I've been hiding it from my family and that is hell. I'm having to sneak around living in fear of getting caught. this is just as bad as drinking and getting high.
it actually feels worse. I'm getting nothing from this. I'm trying to quit I throw away my supplys but then just buy more. I haven't worked of my 4th step because I can't function I'm just lying in bed all day long. I want to say I'm quiting tomorrow but I said before and ment but then caved but I'm going to keep trying.
David
Old 03-23-2023, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the meds change helps David

D
Old 03-29-2023, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

David, I do know how hard it is. I quit smoking cold turkey and it was hard--I had a lot of anxiety and I gained weight. But as hard as it was, I am so very glad I quit. My I suggest you stop telling yourself it's impossible? It is possible. Truly.
Best wishes to you.