Notices

Day4

Old 03-07-2023, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day4

Trying to figure out where to post this. Hi im a newbi. I was in the hospital for 90 hours detoxing. I went there because booze basically is my life and it's not fun anymore. All my vitals were were very good when I left at noon today but after I got out and about I feel intoxicated. Is this normal or am I just full of anxiety. I can't say I'm craving a drink I'm looking forward to my treatment to begin. Thanks for any advice. I should add I'm 51 years old and have been drinking beer daily for as long as I can remember but the last 6 month I've been drinking about a 5th of captain everyday.
Old 03-08-2023, 05:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there, I imagine whatever meds you are on to stabilise you are making you woosey. No idea though. Well done on trying to get better. The thing that got me in the end was just being done with those horrific withdrawal periods. They became worse and worse. I hope you never go through one of those again. Get yourself to a face to face meeting and try to find some support and make a plan - you'll need to keep yourself occupied on recovery work to make it easier to get through these first weeks.
Old 03-08-2023, 05:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brianinlondon View Post
hi there, i imagine whatever meds you are on to stabilise you are making you woosey. No idea though. Well done on trying to get better. The thing that got me in the end was just being done with those horrific withdrawal periods. They became worse and worse. I hope you never go through one of those again. Get yourself to a face to face meeting and try to find some support and make a plan - you'll need to keep yourself occupied on recovery work to make it easier to get through these first weeks.
h
Old 03-08-2023, 05:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My liver enzymes are 3 times what they should be and spiked with the meds they used on me the first 48 hours so I'm only on my usual blood pressure med and an aspirin. My head feels clearer this morning. Hope I'm just figuring out what sober feels like again. I have an appointment tomorrow with a rehab counselor to decide what program I need thanks
Old 03-08-2023, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

first off , I want to say congratulations. That must of been difficult to go through

Ive been in and out of the car for so many years but currently I am sober and hoping to stay that way. The last time I fell off I felt horrible for the first six days, couldn't sleep or eat and was getting panic attacks and felt spacey. I think its normal and most likely they had you on benzos

stay strong!