Notices

made it through ski trip

Old 03-05-2023, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

made it through ski trip

I did it I stayed sober though my ski trip to Canada. I was extremely tempted, but I didn’t give in. I was around people drinking all weekend and I stayed sober. I wanted to drink I didn't despite the the voice telling me to do so. i meeting with sponsor Monday and if feels great to be able to report I'm still sober.
David
Old 03-05-2023, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

David - I'm really glad to hear that. It's hard to be exposed to it when we're newly sober. Later on, I was much stronger.
I hope this experience encourages you.
Old 03-05-2023, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m glad you stayed strong. I’d still err on the side of caution with social invites for a while though

D
Old 03-05-2023, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great to hear you made it through the trip. I'd second Dee in this one, it was at least a year for me before i felt anyway comfortable around others drinking alcohol.
Old 03-05-2023, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

NICE STINKING WORK WOOHOOOOOO! You must be insanely proud of yourself you are a rockstar! I haven't tried that particular challenge yet but you give me hope its doable (and probably way more fun then trying not to barf on the slopes).
Old 03-05-2023, 06:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

just got back from a meeting tonight and more good stuff, I realized now how truly dishonest I was even In soberity, that is with myself. How my perceptions are not only inaccurate, but actually completely false. I tell my self I'm un lovable, that I will be alone forever. It's actually I'm alone because I believe the lie that my head tells me, that I'm defective and basically junk. I know that I actually was convinced I was junk and completely defective. Today I know this isn't true ,and just because I believe something, doesn't make it a fact. People do like me, but I didn’t believe it because I hated myself. With this world view it would be a surprise if I believed anyone actually liked me. I have friends but I didnt even know it. I assumed they just tolerated me. This is what makes my like unmanageable stuff like this.
David