Notices

going crazy over covid

Old 08-05-2022, 01:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

going crazy over covid

well last night was rough it's day 5 since testing positive and it's not that bad currently but last night I had some chest tightness and I started freaking out and using my pulse ox I bought compulsively. I was thinking covid pneumonia and everything. I'm also getting cabin fever so tired of being cooped up doing nothing because I'm getting no pleasure from. things I'm doing so I just do nothing. I'm starting to have a bad attitude as well. then they say I could look.forward to catching 4 times a year man I can't take that. I am feeling more chest congestion. Anyway feeling crazy feeling resentful. the good news haven't had a fever for 30 hours so if my tomorrow I still have no fever my isolation will be done tomorrow and I can go to an aa meeting. I rule is 5 days and 24 hours with no fear as per guidance by the cdc. I just hope I am not coming down with pneumonia and end up in the hospital.

Last edited by 100; 08-05-2022 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Added to story
Old 08-05-2022, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing an end to this for you David.

D
Old 08-05-2022, 02:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Testing times but you will get over this. allm good wishes!
Old 08-05-2022, 09:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hope you're nearing the end David, isolation and being ill is rough.
Old 08-06-2022, 07:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm starting to have a bad attitude as well. then they say I could look.forward to catching 4 times a year

I don't know where you heard this, but remember it's is just a wild-ass prediction about the future. In my 60+ years of existence I have found that most predictions of the future never happen or are wildly inaccurate.

Look at this wildly inaccurate prediction of the future.

"in 1977, MIT engineer and Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) co-founder Ken Olsen was quoted as saying that there would be no reason for anyone to have computers in their home. You don't need to incorporate this as part of your daily existence."

Today, most everyone carries a computer (in the form of a cell phone) in their pocket.
Old 08-06-2022, 07:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

100, a hot shower might help with the chest congestion. When, I had COVID my doctor said to use Mucinex (an OTC med guaifenesin) to loosen congestion; maybe check with your doc or the pharmacist to see if it interacts with anything else you take but it is non-prescription. Mine also prescribed a steroid but I have underlying lung conditions.

I found (and have heard) that hydration and rest are key.

Hope you are better soon.
Old 08-06-2022, 07:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Things will get better David. I am not sure if you are still seeing a counselor or not but your post reads like a carbon copy of something I may have written in the past due to my health anxiety. Even when I was not sick I used to check my bp, blood sugar, pulse and all sorts of other things that would then drive me down the dr. google wormhole and into a non-stop loop of worry.

Look at the positives and facts in your post - things are improving, your isolation will be ending. I hope you are able to get to a meeting soon and that your symptoms subside soon.
Old 08-06-2022, 11:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

well I'm still testing positive on an antigen test. I feel I can't do much more days of isolation. I don't have any numbers to call I have friends I just don't have thier numbers. I feel so alone, I feel like going back to aa tomorrow because the cdc says I can, but if I'm still positive. I'm also driving my family crazy last night I was ranting and raving about my pulse ox results being 93 and how I needed to go to the hospital because it was briefly below 94. it's since gone back up. I feel so crazy and really angry. I wish I had numbers but I didn't anticipate this happening I thought I was immune. I can't do this again. It makes me realize how important meetings are to keep me stable because I'm all up in my head and it's hurts.
David
Old 08-06-2022, 02:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Could you phone AA helpline and ask for the number of the secretary of your homegroup, perhaps they could make an announcement at the meeting or have someone contact named friends.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Do you have an Albuterol inhaler? I am in Southeast Asia and caught Covid 10 days ago - fortunately I have my inhaler with me (have asthma which is normally mild to nonexistent). It really made a difference with the chest tightness/wheezing and helped loosen the congestion. I also tested positive through Day 8 but fever was gone after 5 days, when I also began to feel fine. I have ended my isolation today - Day 10. Feeling good. If you go out just wear a mask.
Old 08-06-2022, 09:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Isolation sucks but you don't wanna make anyone else sick. Have you tried the online meetings I told you about a few days ago? There is also a national mental health hotline you can call too. There's also one for texting. It's not a suicide hotline it's for people who suffer from isolation/anxiety and depression.

Hang in there David, you'll get through this.
Old 08-07-2022, 04:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm debating about just going to a meeting tomorrow without testing and technically I'm following cdc guidelines its will be day 6 as the count begins with day 0. my head is racing and worried. Also covid is everywhere so what does it matter I've followed the cdc guidelines I've done my part and can't take a more of this period.
David
Old 08-07-2022, 06:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The 5 day guideline is what we have been following at my workplace, we've had lots of people who have had it in the past few weeks and just about everyone has been back at work in the 5 day window unless they still had fever or did not feel good - but everyone seems to be back on track pretty quickly. If you are symptom free I don't see why you couldn't go.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Anxiety can sure cause chest tightness by itself. Maybe going for a walk or playing with a pet can take your mind off things. going outside (in your yard) and breathing deeply, reaching up to the sky with stretching, could raise your ox levels. Sometimes when we are not moving our ox levels drop automatically. Mix it up and try something like that. I had painful tightness in my chest the other day and got out of the house. it helped.
Old 08-08-2022, 03:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 100 View Post
I'm debating about just going to a meeting tomorrow without testing and technically I'm following cdc guidelines its will be day 6 as the count begins with day 0. my head is racing and worried. Also covid is everywhere so what does it matter I've followed the cdc guidelines I've done my part and can't take a more of this period.
David
If you feel ok going to a meeting and feel it's what you need to do to stay sober then do it.
Isolation is hard, I was at home for 10 days here in NZ.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I just had Covid recently. I followed the guidelines of 5 days of isolation and then 5 days of mask wearing when around others. I felt perfectly fine after 10 days but continued to test positive for 3 more weeks. It happens in some cases. There are several 24/7 online/zoom meetings that are pretty good.