Notices

YouTube Channels?

Old 07-23-2022, 05:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Semi-Professional Philosopher

YouTube Channels?

More of a question for the mods... are we allowed to share links to YouTube channels that help people stop drinking? Or is that a no-no?
Old 07-23-2022, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not a mod but I've linked before.

It might be a good idea to get some discussions going about the videos.

I guess just watch that it isn't something considered "triggering ". I can't imagine anything would be wrong with something like AA speakers or some kind of recovery counselors.

Old 07-23-2022, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Apart from potential triggering or inappropriate material, You Tube is currently a bit of a grey area as we're not allowed to link to commercial sites.

1.No Advertising: No advertising or links to advertising or "Spam" is permitted (including signatures, member titles, images, or profile information). Advertising, defined as the buying, selling or trading of any commercial or personal product or service, or the solicitation of money, such as for investments, charities, or private gatherings.

Do not post links for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting by someone that has ownership or other "vested interest" to the web site involved, including efforts to promote other online forums, blogs, or web sites. This includes posting messages for the sole purpose of promoting personal agendas that are not appropriate in the opinion of forum moderators. We do not allow links to other blogs or forums in posts anywhere on the forum.
There's more to the rule
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ting-tips.html
but that's the gist.

The recent move to monetise YT content makes it even more difficult.

Its impossible to give a blanket yes or no response. You could always run it by a staff member beforehand.

D
Old 07-24-2022, 05:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think I'll play it safe and just not share anything.
Old 07-26-2022, 07:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So many great speaker "tapes" on YouTube, and channels that host them.... I use them on regular basis. Love listening to the old-timers, Clint H. ; Bob D. ; Chris R.
Old 07-31-2022, 07:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

just dropping in to say hi steve!!! been a while. member years back i interviewed where you work lol htey never hired me. I was actually in your neck of the woods yest had to drop some things at a friends house down in the amish areas!! lol. hope your doing well buddy.
Old 08-09-2022, 03:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
just dropping in to say hi steve!!! been a while. member years back i interviewed where you work lol htey never hired me. I was actually in your neck of the woods yest had to drop some things at a friends house down in the amish areas!! lol. hope your doing well buddy.
Yeah, I remember that. Place has gotten bigger since then. They forever have openings.