Notices

david has 9 months

Old 03-29-2022, 08:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

david has 9 months

I have 9 months as of today, i have good days as well as bad days. The important thing is life on lifes terms. I still stuggle with feeling comfortable in my own skin as I have a lot social anxiety. Im always thinking is it enough eye contact or is it to much. Did i say the wrong. thing as Im still very socially Awkward. I hope this will change but no mater what i wont pick up.

Overall things are looking up and i feel good about were i am. Im feeling more rested. Today i realise thier are things i can do that make feel good that dont envolve mind altering substances.
david

Old 03-29-2022, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations David

D
Old 03-29-2022, 11:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 100 View Post
I have 9 months as of today, i have good days as well as bad days. The important thing is life on lifes terms. I still stuggle with feeling comfortable in my own skin as I have a lot social anxiety. Im always thinking is it enough eye contact or is it to much. Did i say the wrong. thing as Im still very socially Awkward. I hope this will change but no mater what i wont pick up.

Overall things are looking up and i feel good about were i am. Im feeling more rested. Today i realise thier are things i can do that make feel good that dont envolve mind altering substances.
david
Holy wowza cowza David! That’s fantastic! Three more months and you’ll get that big one year token! And that’s huge! My home group in AA back in the day gave out tokens every three months in your first year! So I got a 3, 6, 9 month token and then a 1 year token! After that first year they gave out tokens once a year on your sobriety anniversary!

But that was my goal in the first year! Shoot for that one year token! That one year token was like an Olympic gold medal! I knew I had to have it! There was no turning back! By the time I got my 9 month token I knew I was almost there! And when they called my name and announced that I had one year sobriety and told me to come up and get that one year token it was like a surreal feeling! Like did I really just stay sober for one whole year? At that time it seemed like it was impossible because of the way I used to relapse!

You remind me so much of me in my early days of sobriety as well as today! I had those same thoughts and feelings that you described! And even today after almost 30 years sobriety, I still have social anxiety and feel socially awkward! That’s why I still have to take it one day at a time and continue to go to AA meetings as well as being a member of the soberrecovery forum community! Thank you so much for your shares!
Old 03-30-2022, 05:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post David! I am so pleased for you - it's a wonderful, spectacular achievement!
Old 03-30-2022, 08:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

That is fantastic! Great post!
Old 03-30-2022, 09:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations David, best wishes.
Old 03-30-2022, 06:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

9 months is wonderful, David ! Be proud.
Old 03-30-2022, 06:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
quat

Congratulations on your decision!

Go Yemen
Old 03-30-2022, 07:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats! It does continue to get better, too!
Old 03-31-2022, 06:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats, David! 9 months is HUGE!!!