Notices

Success of Sorts

Old 05-30-2021, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Success of Sorts

No words. I'll just leave this here [5SD was the max intake goal I could set].
https://i.ibb.co/1LXvGrh/Sober.jpg
Old 05-30-2021, 05:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

What does that even mean? SD/Day
Old 05-30-2021, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If 7 days sober was your goal, then yes you nailed it. Good luck Jase, if you need us, we will be here.
Old 05-30-2021, 05:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, Standard Drinks per day doesn't work like that, Jase and I suspect you know that too.
I'm glad you got a week though and I hope you decide to go for more.

D

Old 05-30-2021, 06:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Yeah, Standard Drinks per day doesn't work like that, Jase and I suspect you know that too.
I'm glad you got a week though and I hope you decide to go for more.

D
Oh don't get me wrong I wasn't saying an average 8.51 SD per day is good. As you rightly point out that's not how it works. After all you could not drink Mon-Fri and get hammered every weekend and achieve that but you would still have a drink problem. What I meant was before the last week I didn't have any drink goal (!) so the 5 SD was just a default thing.

Thanks for your encouragement .
Old 05-30-2021, 07:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by JaseUK View Post
What I meant was before the last week I didn't have any drink goal (!) so the 5 SD was just a default thing.
One thing that is important to remember Jase is that this is a Sobriety community. Your week of staying sober is a great success and I think you've seen that the overwhelming response has been encouragement and praise for your efforts.

Having said that, the replies to your thread about deciding to drink tomorrow took a certain turn, did they not. Now that your goal has changed to try and return to moderate drinking, you've chosen a path that is incompatible/impossible for nearly every member of this community. So it should not come as a surprise that you will not receive encouragement for your plan to move forward, even if you did indeed have a week of staying sober under your belt prior. The other point that certainly raises the hackles of those here in the forum is that you are voluntarily choosing to drink. You may have noticed in your week here that some people struggle mightily to even get a day sober - so when they see someone who has just put down a week and then decide to voluntarily just go back to drinking, it honestly goes against one of the primary tenets of the sobriety/addiction community - and not just this Forum.