Notices

Naltrexone?

Old 05-16-2021, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Naltrexone?

Has anyone used Naltrexone to help in their recovery? I was prescribed Naltrexone last week, and curious what your experience is with it or how it made you feel? I've taken it twice since getting it, and considering not taking anymore. The two times I've taken it, it has made me feel like absolute crap for the entire day. I'm talking to the point I couldn't even function because it made me feel so ill. Day 1 I took it, stomach felt sick all day, tired and dizzy. Did not feel well. So waited a few days, and took another dose this morning and same; I felt extremely horrible all day, stomach felt very ill, dizzy and made me feel weak. Both times I've taken it, all I did the entire day was just lay in the recliner because I felt so bad. The days I didn't take it, felt 100% fine. I took my dose today around 8am, and only about 8PM or so I am back to feeling 85% better.
Old 05-17-2021, 02:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience with it DeviousOne, but usually Doctors will ask you to take something more than twice before you give up on it.

If you feel Naltrexone is not right for you, have you thought whats your plan B?

D
Old 05-17-2021, 05:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Better late than never

Never took it and don't tend to trust meds out there on the market that are geared to help curb people from drinking/using. My brother was prescribed that and had a similar reaction. Think he took it 3 times before he quit taking them.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had the same results, felt ill just like you. Think i lasted the same one to two days, then trashed the rest. But have read where it helped people, guess we're the unlucky few. But that was three and a half years ago for me, i haven't drank since, so suppose it actually did helped, if you wanna look at it that way.