Notices

this is not okay

Old 11-19-2020, 05:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

this is not okay

do you ever get that sensation that everything is tilted on some weird slant, like not only is your life sliding off some virtual edge but when you look at things they seem literally halfway diagonal... like hell maybe i need an mri to discount a ******* brain tumor bc man if i could blame all the bs on some alien mass planted in my cerebral cortex then half of this crap might make at least some logical sense. you know things might not be okay when the uber driver delivering your alcohol stops and tells you he's an ex drug and alcohol worker and talks for ten minutes trying to convince you how if you don't look at yourself ageing with alcohol how ******* up that might be and how dependency looks and you don't have the energy to tell him you've already medically detoxed x times over. idk where i was going with this but i just had a full on panic attack bc i was running out of cans and i couldn't find anywhere selling to deliver... until i did and ordered like twice as much as i wanted in a panic state... and then just sat here holding myself like idek. this is beyond ******** up.
Old 11-19-2020, 05:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome

I remember thinking my life and health were ruined but the idea of being able to change seemed beyond me.

when I was looking at quitting it seemed a superhuman task - but it wasn't once I made the commitment for lasting change and I backed that up with action.

This is a great site for support, ans support really made the difference for me.

I was an all day everyday drinker when I found SR...I got sober in 07 thanks almost entirely to the help and understanding of the good folks here.

If you think you might have some neurological condition, the best advice I can give you is to see a Dr. and get checked out.

D
Old 11-19-2020, 08:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow...the driver gave you an alcohol lecture? Really?

I’m sorry. Alcohol is legal and you have the right to buy it and drink it as long as you aren’t planning to drive.

I know I definitely had the weird slant, as a binge drinker and also the first few months after quitting.

it gets better, with enough time away from alcohol.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds to me like one alcoholic reaching out to another alcoholic to ler them know there is a solution 🙏

The world always fely that way to me whilst drinking but I see it in a completely different perspective and light now that I am sober and in recovery.

It can work for you too. You just have to be willing and have faith

🙏♥️

Old 11-20-2020, 06:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So, the world is slanted? Like, you are in a fun house but its not fun and its not a house?
Old 11-20-2020, 10:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
EndGame

I got used to the reality that drunkenness was my default state of being.

I was in for a big surprise.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i'm trapped
Old 11-21-2020, 04:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I used to think I was trapped too but I wasn't.
whats stopping you from giving up the booze nail?

D
Old 11-21-2020, 06:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
nez

I too was trapped.

Other alcoholics who were sober showed me the way out. As I was being led out, they passed along what they had learned from the sober alcoholics that showed them the way out.

That is how recovery works. We learn from each other and learn to pass it along. To stay free, show others the way to freedom.

There is no monetary value attached to the experience, but the value of the experience is priceless to everyone involved.