Notices

40 hours in

Old 08-17-2020, 04:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Excellent news Dave, well done on storming ahead with energy and motivation, do you plan to apply that in someway over the next week? Keep the momentum going!
Old 08-17-2020, 08:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Trying to quit

Good job sir! I wish I could mentally get where you have gotten IE: positivity and being motivated. I'm not there yet, glad you are doing so well!
Old 08-18-2020, 01:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's funny you know because when I posted that I was on top of the world but the next day I just felt so lonely. I'm in a really isolated part of France, in the mountains, the local bar is about 7 kilometres away and that was my main source of socializing most evenings and now it's gone because everyone I know there are either heavy drinkers or alco's like me. I don't want to go there but I miss the contact.
I guess it's just adjusting and trying to accept it's going to be different from now on.
I'm not in any way thinking of going back to drinking it's just sometimes I feel really isolated and away from the real world and people but I'm hoping that'll change with time and I learn to adapt to this new/different life.

Today I feel better.

Dave
Old 08-18-2020, 09:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What other socialization options are there? There must be something other than that pub right?
Old 08-19-2020, 07:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Nothing really. Nearest town is 10 minutes away and nothing happens there. It's like a ghost town other than Wednesday morning when it's the market.
I've got a few friends about half an hour away where I used to live but they're all big drinkers.

There's lots of goats here, maybe I should go and talk to them...