Notices

Sobriety 5 -0

Old 05-11-2020, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sobriety 5 -0

(Okay, so I'm a sucker for the Hawaii 5-0 spinoff!)
Anyways, Friday I hit 50 days sober. Pretty much uneventful, didn't really celebrate much beyond taking a half-day off work. What is bothersome is this past weekend was really dark for me. Started Saturday and went through Sunday evening. I woke up feeling better this morning (Monday), but shook up quite a bit as I never sunk that deep before. I realize my mind needs to detox just like the rest of me, but that was scary.
Has anyone experienced something like that, just out of the blue? Like it all was going okay and then it all just tanked?
Old 05-11-2020, 03:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 50 days Notch.
My first 90 days were a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for sure - glad you feel better today.
D
Old 05-12-2020, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Notch8 View Post
(Okay, so I'm a sucker for the Hawaii 5-0 spinoff!)
Anyways, Friday I hit 50 days sober. Pretty much uneventful, didn't really celebrate much beyond taking a half-day off work. What is bothersome is this past weekend was really dark for me. Started Saturday and went through Sunday evening. I woke up feeling better this morning (Monday), but shook up quite a bit as I never sunk that deep before. I realize my mind needs to detox just like the rest of me, but that was scary.
Has anyone experienced something like that, just out of the blue? Like it all was going okay and then it all just tanked?
I'm on day 41. The last 3 days have been mentally challenging so yep can relate. I was not on a pink cloud or anything just feeling so so and bam a couple of things in my world got me a bit dark. I kind of think I have been masking my feeling with booze for so long it's new to "feel" things. I figure as get more time away from the bottle and experience more "feelings" sober it will change..hang in there and Congrats on 50 days
Old 05-13-2020, 03:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 50 days.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

<div>
Originally Posted by crown86 View Post
I was not on a pink cloud or anything just feeling so so and bam a couple of things in my world got me a bit dark. I kind of think I have been masking my feeling with booze for so long it's new to "feel" things. I figure as get more time away from the bottle and experience more "feelings" sober it will change..hang in there and Congrats on 50 days
</div><div><br></div><div>There was no pink cloud for me, either. I also suffer from bipolar 2, and I wish there were pink clouds. Its just greased lightning and dark shadows. Very rare for anything in between.</div>
Old 05-14-2020, 10:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think that's pretty normal. I had a lot of deferred emotion come back as I got sober, and lots of feelings of guilt and shame over how I treated certain people.