Notices

120 Days and proud of it…

Old 04-09-2020, 02:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

120 Days and proud of it…

Day 120 sober and I have to agree with August25 on this one: It gets a lot easier after the 100 day mark. Mentally as well as physically. Whether it’s the brain telling the body that “it looks like this might be it, Bud”, or just the normal cycle/time-frame the human physique follows on its road to repair, I don’t know. What I do know, is that after day 100, my body and brain sort of “let go”. The aches and pains got noticeably less – still there sometimes, but more in the background, kind of. My mind/brain, I’m sure, is slowly repairing/rewiring itself; I feel a lot less woozy and my thoughts are a lot more lucid, even faster. My memory as well, is getting better; I don’t get headaches from trying to force myself to remember stuff that seems to float just out of reach any longer. But maybe that’s because I wake up knowing I did nothing stupid the previous day…
All in, I can honestly say – from my point of view at least – it gets easier and better each day, but after a hundred days plus, that just-floating-along feeling turns silently-euphoric and you feel great sometimes. I find myself smiling more – albeit to myself – and just feeling GOOD. And proud.
For those of you guys who are just starting on your road to sobriety, as well as those of you who are two or three months in, I can say in all honesty – It gets better each day, then it gets good, and although I’m not there yet – not by a long shot – I’m sure being sober will eventually get VERY good.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations

D
Old 04-09-2020, 04:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations. I've had a similar experience in that after about 4 months I feel more balanced and relaxed about everything. Nothing euphoric but just a general feeling of being able to deal with things without as much fuss.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 months.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great job, and great post.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

RB
Happy 120 Day Anniversary!

Old 04-09-2020, 07:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job, brother.

Keep it up.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rockbottom1964 View Post
Day 120 sober and I have to agree with August25 on this one: It gets a lot easier after the 100 day mark. Mentally as well as physically. Whether it’s the brain telling the body that “it looks like this might be it, Bud”, or just the normal cycle/time-frame the human physique follows on its road to repair, I don’t know. What I do know, is that after day 100, my body and brain sort of “let go”. The aches and pains got noticeably less – still there sometimes, but more in the background, kind of. My mind/brain, I’m sure, is slowly repairing/rewiring itself; I feel a lot less woozy and my thoughts are a lot more lucid, even faster. My memory as well, is getting better; I don’t get headaches from trying to force myself to remember stuff that seems to float just out of reach any longer. But maybe that’s because I wake up knowing I did nothing stupid the previous day…
All in, I can honestly say – from my point of view at least – it gets easier and better each day, but after a hundred days plus, that just-floating-along feeling turns silently-euphoric and you feel great sometimes. I find myself smiling more – albeit to myself – and just feeling GOOD. And proud.
For those of you guys who are just starting on your road to sobriety, as well as those of you who are two or three months in, I can say in all honesty – It gets better each day, then it gets good, and although I’m not there yet – not by a long shot – I’m sure being sober will eventually get VERY good.
Fantastic, Rockbottom. FANTASTIC. Go you!!!!
Old 04-10-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone.
The Lock-down here in South Africa has been extended last night for another two weeks. It's now until the end of the month; another three weeks again of being quarantined with an alcoholic old dad and stepmom. Bad...
I hope the government at least allows them to go stock up on their booze; otherwise I see some real bad times ahead...

Have a great Easter, everyone on SR.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

WooHoo! Get it, Rockbottom!
Old 04-10-2020, 10:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well, one good thing is you won't be dealing with everyone having withdrawal symptoms or seizures, which sound very possible given the amount they put away daily.

How is SA looking in terms of the Covid curve? Is lockdown helping much? Are people being tested?
Old 04-10-2020, 10:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Well, one good thing is you won't be dealing with everyone having withdrawal symptoms or seizures, which sound very possible given the amount they put away daily.

How is SA looking in terms of the Covid curve? Is lockdown helping much? Are people being tested?
Hi, Hawk. They - the ANC - are bloody clueless down here in South Africa. Really. They brag about having one of the lowest infection rates in the world, but the truth of the matter is they have one of the lowest test-rate/numbers in the world. The ANC government talks about the “thousands” of people they “intend” testing on a daily basis – but that’s exactly where it stays. TALK… Like most everything else in this country.
Their latest numbers say we have 2003 infected and 24 dead; but I think the real numbers are way more than that. The ANC are great at lying to the rest of the world – like their denying the huge number of white farmers killed here each year – but I’m waiting for the s*** to hit the fan. And it will, believe me. In the meantime the fat-cat Kleptocrats relish the draconian power/measures they have imposed on the man on the street – many of them totally unnecessary…
Old 04-10-2020, 11:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Awesome, you should be bloody proud of yourself, especially with all those heaviy drinkers around you! I am proud of you too! Keep going xxxx
Old 04-12-2020, 02:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Goodonya, Rockbottom.
I'm so pleased you are feeling well.
And even happy at times!
Old 04-15-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations!