Notices

First drinking dream in a while

Old 03-24-2020, 04:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First drinking dream in a while

I'll be 6 years this June 1st but it's crazy how quick my brain can go back to trying to rationalize drinking. As soon as the Ohio stay in place order was issued one of my first thoughts was actually I have no where to be I could get some whiskey and relax for a couple weeks - no harm no foul. Not that I need it to relax but it's that sneaky voice that still creeps up from time to time.

But even now when I think about it my idea of 'relaxing' is still a steady flow from the time I get up to when I go to sleep - there is no 'single glass' in my mind anywhere. Last night I had my first drinking dream in a quite a long time so apparently I have not completely shaken the notion yet.

No on an edge or anything but just wanted to pop in and share. It's still kind of nuts to me how quickly I can try to rationalize it. Stay strong out there everyone.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kiya
sorry I missed your post.

These are tough times - but I still belive thoughts are thoughts and dreams are dreams - its what we do in response to those things thats the true measure of our recovery

Congrats on 6 years - that's awesome

D
Old 03-25-2020, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yea, its crazy. I had a dream recently that I was enjoying a hurricane(I love fu fu drinks, or used to I should say I guess) with some folks and next thing I know I was sneaking into the next room doing shots. Exactly what I did at parties and such in real life while I was drinking. I took it as my subconscious's way of telling me that one drink will put me back in my place. Congrats on 6 years by the way. Crazy how the notion can sneak back in.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kiya View Post
I'll be 6 years this June 1st but it's crazy how quick my brain can go back to trying to rationalize drinking. As soon as the Ohio stay in place order was issued one of my first thoughts was actually I have no where to be I could get some whiskey and relax for a couple weeks - no harm no foul. Not that I need it to relax but it's that sneaky voice that still creeps up from time to time.

But even now when I think about it my idea of 'relaxing' is still a steady flow from the time I get up to when I go to sleep - there is no 'single glass' in my mind anywhere. Last night I had my first drinking dream in a quite a long time so apparently I have not completely shaken the notion yet.

No on an edge or anything but just wanted to pop in and share. It's still kind of nuts to me how quickly I can try to rationalize it. Stay strong out there everyone.
Me too! I had my first drinking dream in 4 years-- I am almost 5 years sober.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Six years sober is great! Don't attach too much meaning to the drinking dreams. It's just your subconscious working things out. It's just a dream. As long as you don't drink over it you'll be alright.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
Me too! I had my first drinking dream in 4 years-- I am almost 5 years sober.
Congrats BlueFairy! I hoped that you were still doing well!
Old 03-28-2020, 04:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Samantha

I hate them! I am new to quitting but I have them a few times a week. I actually just had one and now I cant fall back asleep lol. Good to know they slow down after a while. But sorry to hear that you had one.