Notices

Job Searching Sober 1 year 1 month 13 days

Old 02-27-2020, 06:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Job Searching Sober 1 year 1 month 13 days

I've read some posts about jobs and job searching and wanted to post my then and now perspective I'm going through.

I'm searching for a new job because I believe the contract will run out at the end of the year, a bounced paycheck and the customer has a very nasty person in charge. Sounds like loads of fun right?

So old drunk every night TR would be wallowing in the misery and not really deciding to move on. Let's just hope it "works out".....

New me: There's opportunities out there, so I'm going for it! I don't need to wait for this to be a huge disaster to leave - or worse, get fired or laid off.

Job searching whilst drinking every night or hung over = messy applications, half assed cover letters, wallowing in self pity and thinking I don't deserve a job - so drink some more and not getting much done.

JOB REJECTIONS while active drinking: Holy **** I knew I didn't deserve this, something is wrong with me!!! Oh let's just take a night off and drink.

Today: 2 Job Rejections - oh well, it wasn't meant to be. Let's keep going - plenty of jobs to apply for.

I might add - last time I was searching I had to explain I was let go for missing a shift - (passed out).

This time? Better opportunities for growth, steady paycheck goals - heck maybe a better commute.

I know I'll have interviews without the shakes!! I know I won't be vomiting every morning with hangover/stress. I won't self doubt it was booze brain and have irrational anxieties throughout.

It's still SUCKS, is stressful and time consuming, but I'm in such a better position to emotionally handle it now.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
quat

The now perspective is way awesomer, it suits you . I’d say good luck , but will only be a bonus because you are going to make it happen , things don’t just happen and you dropped the biggest happening stopper and left it behind. Keep truckin
Old 02-27-2020, 07:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats a great post TE - all the very best on finding that new job

D