Notices

Please stay on the Sober bus - pt.33

Old 03-19-2020, 05:23 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Ha ha, great bus shelter Chloe, We'd better keep the soberbus doors locked anyway, just to be on the safe side

I'm on
Old 03-19-2020, 05:59 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

~

Social distancing on the bus! LOL
Old 03-19-2020, 06:18 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats on 2.3 Chloe!

Dragon, my wife is super stressed and constantly wiping things down. I am somewhat resigned to getting this. My store had 19,000 visitors just last week. It's more a matter of when than if for me. My wife has respiratory issues to begin with, so I am more concerned about making her sick than myself. We have lots of elderly family members between us, and this is scary for us as well as them. We actually seem more concerned than many of them are.

My company was talking about issuing a bonus for folks whom worked in the store last week. A kind of hazardous duty pay I guess.

Take care everyone. Wipe everything down on the sober bus.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:23 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

I am on!

Praying for sustained health for all.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:09 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

SG, love and prayers
I am going to DMV shortly to get a new license and hopefully an ID card. DMV is the only federal office refusing to close. Thankfully. Losing all my cards is a huge pain and a worry. I have to get a new SS card too.
Anyhow, I'm on the sober bus for sure today with all the best people.
Prayers for peace and health. ♥♥♥
Old 03-19-2020, 11:39 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm on. Best wishes stargazer and to all of you in this difficult time. It is always worth remembering that for the overwhelming majority of us it will be unpleasant, uncomfortable and unwanted but not fatal and we will not need hospitalization. We will get through this.

I think us recovering drinkers might have the advantage of a bit of mental "hardening" from our experiences of getting sober.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:02 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good point Saou, I'll be sure to use that to my advantage.

We have isolation plans if one of us gets sick. I also have lots of plastic sheeting left over from my indoor green house project. I'll build my own ICU...

Alysheba, I didn't know (or didn't pay attention) that you lost your cards. What a pain!

Here's a little sober bus entertainment... (get it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlMVx8jUZi8
Old 03-20-2020, 01:13 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Ready to roll....good thing I've avoided people and practiced self-isolation most of my life
Old 03-20-2020, 03:48 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning and Happy Friday, we made it. Stay safe and stay sober!
Old 03-20-2020, 05:00 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Sao, I love the thought of "mental hardening" and I think there might be a solid element of truth in that. We all have been through the fire battling addiction.

Aly, I too didn't realize you lost all your cards. That must be an incredible pain. I need to get a new driver's license and need a copy of my birth certificate. It's been fun trying to track that down. Our DMV has been closed down for a couple of weeks already. My heart goes out to you!

Happy Springtime all! Even we have a small chance for snow on Monday I am hearing.

Be well all!
Old 03-20-2020, 05:12 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Hope you get your cards sorted soon Alysheba, I find it incredibly stressful to lose any important card.

Ha ha, I've always been a fairly isolated person too Purps and so far, my life hasn't had any changes really, apart from washing my hands more often and not being able to get any honey or evaporated milk. I can understand the milk, but I was surprised Aldi was out of honey - apart from the very expensive manuka honey, but I'm not that desperate.

No doubt I'll start noticing changes later on when we run out of toilet rolls

Mr H is quite concerned as he's over 70, though I always see him as strong as an ox still. I think he'll be ok.

Both my boys are working from home now and I'm still babysitting as usual.

Aldi wasn't short of fresh veg, I've been juicing fresh veg in my juicer to try and keep fairly healthy, and drinking protein shake to keep up some strength. Hope they keep stocked up.

I'm on
Old 03-20-2020, 08:41 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I'm on!
. . . .
Old 03-20-2020, 09:05 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
saoutchik

On.

Yes, I didn't realise you had lost your cards either Aly. Good luck with replacing them.

A couple of weeks ago I was thinking "I badly need a haircut" and now that seems out of the question for the foreseeable future. On offocial docs like my Drivers License and Passport I look almost presentable ("presentable" by my standards is setting the bar somewhere near the Earth's core) but now I am beginning to resemble my Alice Cooper avatar.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:57 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Sao, if you want long hair, go for it!!! The surgeon who patched up my 3 hernias last year was in his early 50s and was letting his hair grow and looked so good! He said he was getting some looks, so he'd probably have to get it cut a bit, but it did look good, in my opinion. Go for it.
Thank you for the good wishes with my cards! My trip to DMV was a nightmare. Most of the employees were SO rude and angry, glad that's over.
Sorry to vent, but it was so unexpected.
I am SO very happy to be on the Sober Bus with my sane friends on my birthday. Since everything is on lockdown, some of the restaurants are doing take out, so my mom and I are going to get Thai food for my b-day lunch. Glad I get to spend it with my mom and SR, even if we are on lockdown.
Have a great day Buskateers. ♥♥♥
Sao, looking forward to a pic with you with long hair!
Old 03-20-2020, 01:13 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Signing in for tomorrow in case I'm not here in the morning ~ I apologize in advance: Not in the greatest of moods right now.....they told us at the end of the day that we're working tomorrow....and it's not like I'm in healthcare or the food industry....a majority of the world is under quarantine and I have to go in on a Saturday to wrap effing patio furniture....oh yeah and I saw a guy earlier blow his nose and go back to work without washing his hands....if I get sick because of this stupid job I'm gonna be one pissed off biotch!
Old 03-20-2020, 04:11 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Alysheba!
Old 03-20-2020, 04:34 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

How did I miss that....Thanks CK for the heads up ~ Happy Birthday Aly!!!

Old 03-20-2020, 06:40 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Happy Birthday Aly!

It's OK Purps, when this all passes, there will be mass panic buying of patio furniture so we all sit outside with our friends and family.

I was grocery shopping today. It's so unusual to see bare shelves like that. Hope it returns to normal soon.

They were talking on the radio today about recruiting companies to make medical devices. My company has some of the technology needed, it would be interesting if we started making ventilators and such.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:58 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Thank you so very much for thinking of me today! Luckily in CA it's only 6:56 pm here.
Love you all and I do appreciate it!! CK, you are the best! 💖😍
Old 03-21-2020, 01:32 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Sorry to sound so selfish....I'll be ok....besides I need to pay for the new tires I just got....that way I can haul ass out of that parking lot on my last day when I get a better job! Mindful crap, as we say in our March class.....I'll check back in later