Notices

Bit worried

Old 09-22-2019, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bit worried

Hi all 😃 been using alcohol for past 2 years 7months would drink two bottles buckfast very second third day 😐 for the past couple weeks I have been getting abdominal pain lower front left and upper right pain and loose stools been felling very tired aswell now am worried that I have bowel cancer doctors have tried me on some pills for ibs but haven’t worked 😐 I do suffer from anxiety that’s why I drink makes me feel normal not anxious, I am 32
Old 09-22-2019, 09:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe it would be a good thing to get back in to the doctor if you are that concerned. I had some similar physical problems when I was drinking, but they disappeared with continuous abstinence.

My anxiety also went away with abstinence from alcohol, turns out it was making it way worse - even though I got temporary relief when actually under the influence, it made all my issues worse over the long-term.

I didn't have any lasting problems once I quit drinking. Are you interested in doing that?
Old 09-22-2019, 09:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I drank primarily at first to help with anxiety and to sleep. It helped at first, but it just made it all worse eventually. Being sober left me a shaking mess until I could resume the drinking. With sobriety, all those anxiety issues I thought were insurmountable just went away. It’s uncomfortable at first, but you’ll be happier in the long run without the alcohol.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Buckfast! That drink has so many stimulants in it, it is absolutely toxic. If you are struggling to stop drinking I would at least change the tipple of your choice. All of that sodium phosphate and potassium glycerophosphate coarsing through your veins will have you feeling like hell.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi CrM1

I think the best thing is for you to go back to your doctor with your concerns.
If their first thought was IBS then its probably safe to say they don't suspect anything sinister

D
Old 09-23-2019, 05:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reply

I have been to numerous doctors everyone always says something different! But I was blunt and told them if you’s been telling me it’s ibs when it’s been something more serious i will be taking this further! Was at A&E today told them they took some blood had a feel about said all feels normal and my bloods was normal but This extreme fatigue is unreal feel drained tired 24/7! One gp took me bit serious and took a Cacprotfction sample that can take up to 14days to get the results
Old 09-23-2019, 05:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrM1 View Post
I have been to numerous doctors everyone always says something different! But I was blunt and told them if you’s been telling me it’s ibs when it’s been something more serious i will be taking this further! Was at A&E today told them they took some blood had a feel about said all feels normal and my bloods was normal but This extreme fatigue is unreal feel drained tired 24/7! One gp took me bit serious and took a Cacprotfction sample that can take up to 14days to get the results

Since alcohol can cause all the symptoms you stated, I hope you were honest at A&E about your drinking. They can't help you if they don't know all the facts.

Are you willing to quit drinking?
Old 09-23-2019, 06:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I didn't want the various problems I had to have anything to do with my alcohol abuse- but in some way or form, they all did. I had to quit drinking to be able to see what was what, from anxiety to headaches, vitamin deficiencies, on and on.

And- it doesn't get better the longer we drink. I hope you stop, and go to the dr. There is always hope while we are still here.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Since alcohol can cause all the symptoms you stated, I hope you were honest at A&E about your drinking. They can't help you if they don't know all the facts.

Are you willing to quit drinking?
yes haven’t had anything to drink since i started getting pain Really has gave me a wake up call stop pissing my life away! Am only 32 really is more to life than alcohol always had anxiety it takes the felling away until next day feel lot worse
Old 09-23-2019, 07:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrM1 View Post

yes haven’t had anything to drink since i started getting pain Really has gave me a wake up call stop pissing my life away! Am only 32 really is more to life than alcohol always had anxiety it takes the felling away until next day feel lot worse
Good, I'm glad you are committing to not drinking again.

And yeah, alcohol increased my anxiety/fear/depression and physical symptoms. There is a lot of general tension and nerve (nervous system) issues when newly sober and especially with anxiety it's common to have bowel and stomach issues. Stay the course.