Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Day 44. Why oh why did I have to have those coffees?

Notices

Old 07-31-2019, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Okay, im on day 44 now (Yaay for me). I woke up feeling great (No tiredness or headaches) and ready to start day 2 at my employability course. I have 2 cans of DR Pepper and I'm okay in the morning, I had 1 cup of coffee I don't know why I did it, i shortly had another one afterwards and started getting jittery, but then later towards the end of the day I had a 3rd cup which sent my anxiety through the roof. Now I think I've crashed and I feel anxiety, bloated and tired. I'm never drinking anything with caffeine in it again !
Old 07-31-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

That happens to me, too. I can stay off of caffeine for months. Then, in the morning I get a taste for a cup of coffee with cream. It wakes me up and I can get a good start on my day but, the anxiousness comes mid-morning and I an bouncing off the walls. Can't concentrate on one thing and I hate it.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
That happens to me, too. I can stay off of caffeine for months. Then, in the morning I get a taste for a cup of coffee with cream. It wakes me up and I can get a good start on my day but, the anxiousness comes mid-morning and I an bouncing off the walls. Can't concentrate on one thing and I hate it.
What is worse is I haven't been eating properly, my last meal was shredded wheat at 7am and it's now nearly 6pm. I just had some chocolate, and dinner shouldn't be too long now. I really need to start looking after myself better.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I was always drinking on an empty stomach. It was hard for me to eat because the liquids in my stomach said "I am full". I still go for the fluids when I am hungry. Right now it is iced tea and bubbly waters.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I’ve always had a love/hate relationship with caffeine. I noticed the same thing you did a few weeks back - that third coffee just set things off (anxiety I guess, indigestion, dunno). Switched to decaf teas/coffee and laid off the sodas for a change.... exploring the world of herbal and Rooibos teas, figure a change would be fun anyway!

And great job on day 44!