Notices

Crying my eyes out

Old 05-28-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crying my eyes out

Morning all, hope you all had a restful holiday weekend.

I had two of my wisdom teeth taken out on Monday of last week. I got dry sockets in both extraction sites. Finally found out what it was when I went to the dentist on Friday and she filled them with her special paste.
The paste didn't take, and I suffered with dry sockets all weekend. I'm praying that they're not infected. I was told not to take antibiotics because my mother has suffered with CDIFF in the past, and I was exposed to it. If you're not familiar with CDIFF is, google it and you'll find out. It's a terrible thing that can act up with the use of antibiotics, or if you're exposed to it, or both.

Anyhow, the the point of this... I have cried all weekend, worried, tired, and drained. I haven't been drinking like I usually do, some nights not at all. The meds they have me on are crappy. Vicodin makes me want to sleep all the time, and of course drinking on them can cause serious side effects, so for the most part I've tried to stay away from booze.
It has really opened my eyes to sobriety, and how badly I want it. I'm so sick and tired. I have been saying this for years. It's always strongest in the morning. I mean the desire to be sober. Then 3:00, 4:00 in the afternoon starts creeping in, and so does the thought of having a drink. It has been this way for so long. I want relief from drinking. I want an out.

Mostly I was just writing this to vent, but if any of you have any words of wisdom, or share in a similar way, I would like to hear it!

Thanks all.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WindPines whatever you do don't give up. I had four years sober and drank again big mistake. I struggled for five years went to AA I just could not stay sober. Then I finally broke through and have 11 months. Stay sober is so easy now . When before to get a week seemed impossible even a day. Sorry your in pain I think Vicodin has tylnol in it dangerous to drink on.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

TwinPines...take care of yourself. So sorry you are going through this. I know what Cdiff is as I have had it twice. I have been on antibiotics again and take probiotics with them that does seem to help.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've heard that's painful. But booze will make it worse for sure.

I think gently rinsing with warm salt water, drinking warm herb tea with honey and taking nsaids is probably a better option than booze. Hopefully you'll see the dr today.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys.
I saw the dentist this morning, and she packed my sockets full of that dry socket paste. I'm feeling some relief. Way better than having to take those nasty pain killers. Probably going to stay home for the day in an attempt to not dislodge the ball of paste that's in my gums.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're feeling better. Tooth problems are awful. But, it is nothing to drink over.
Let your body take it's course, and you'll be better soon.
Best to you.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry you're in pain. But you'll heal better if you don't drink. Staying sober is always the right choice.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hope you are feeling better soon WindPines, everyone here is right that you are far better equipped to deal with this sober.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better today WP

D