Notices

Close to 11 months sober now

Old 05-27-2019, 09:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Close to 11 months sober now

Hello everyone I'm now close to 11 months sober. Can't believe it(longest of been sober since I was 16). The great thing is that I've been doing really good with it too.

Yes I've been to several family gatherings and such where people are drinking and my wife too has a couple of drinks at these get-to-togethers, but to me I have no urge whatsoever.

Sometimes the thought will pop in to my head, but right a way I'm just like no way, and really what is the point? I would be doing it for the buzz and then I would have to keep drinking to maintain that buzz. Then the next day feel horrific, and after that who knows what could happen, all I know I'm not going back.

I'm a much happier person now. Hard to believe that I was that person the had a very serious drinking problem that ended up in the ER numerous times all because of my drinking, and even then I couldn't stop I would end up right back with a bottle of vodka.

God it's really hard to believe that now being almost 11 months sober. But here I am sober and free from that mess.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thats amazing, well done you. Nearly a year and you will have done all your "firsts" in that year!.

I am 13 months now and I too get those thoughts. And I have learnt in recovery that those thoughts may come but its what I do with them that's important. I usually tell to them bugger off. Lol.

Congratulations again. 11 months is awesome.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations mtphc

D
Old 05-27-2019, 10:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats
Old 05-27-2019, 10:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

11 months and no white knuckles in sight! Congratulations!
Old 05-28-2019, 01:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Mtphc View Post
Hello everyone I'm now close to 11 months sober. Can't believe it(longest of been sober since I was 16). The great thing is that I've been doing really good with it too.

Yes I've been to several family gatherings and such where people are drinking and my wife too has a couple of drinks at these get-to-togethers, but to me I have no urge whatsoever.

Sometimes the thought will pop in to my head, but right a way I'm just like no way, and really what is the point? I would be doing it for the buzz and then I would have to keep drinking to maintain that buzz. Then the next day feel horrific, and after that who knows what could happen, all I know I'm not going back.

I'm a much happier person now. Hard to believe that I was that person the had a very serious drinking problem that ended up in the ER numerous times all because of my drinking, and even then I couldn't stop I would end up right back with a bottle of vodka.

God it's really hard to believe that now being almost 11 months sober. But here I am sober and free from that mess.
Well done your doing awesome and sounds like you got the tools playing the tape forward in times when you get those thoughts popping in which is great.

I love my life now too, its a gift 🌟
Old 05-28-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great going!
You sound like you really have a grasp on sobriety. So good for you.
Yes, we never have to go back to the bottle no matter what.
Keep up the good work, it only gets better.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for your replies.

It's nice having a place like this to come back to.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job congratulations !!! That is so cool to have someone on here that's getting 11 months soon. I had 11 months last Sunday . Your just Awesome .
Old 05-29-2019, 09:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dsmaxis10 View Post
Great job congratulations !!! That is so cool to have someone on here that's getting 11 months soon. I had 11 months last Sunday . Your just Awesome .
Thank you.

I'm sort of shocked to be honest considering all the relapses and hopelessness I would feel because i would always end up drinking again.

Now it's different it's like something clicked. I feel so fortunate and grateful.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Thats amazing, well done you. Nearly a year and you will have done all your "firsts" in that year!.

I am 13 months now and I too get those thoughts. And I have learnt in recovery that those thoughts may come but its what I do with them that's important. I usually tell to them bugger off. Lol.

Congratulations again. 11 months is awesome.
Yeah those thoughts are just like whatever to me.

I mean it's natural to think about it if it's around you because it's there. Now i do great socially without it and have fun at the same time.