Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Reading back over my recovery posts.... Thank you

Notices

Old 05-27-2019, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lpg

Having a little day of reflection today. I went back and had a read over my old posts from my first attempts to quit alcohol. Its really amazing to see the progress thats been made after all my other attempts of quitting failed. I want to thank all of you guys for all that advice in the beginning.... I wrote about 'going round in circles' and I'm so glad I finally managed to make the circle a straight line....the line being wellness. I remember reading everyone telling me how much better life would be without it and thinking 'yeah right'.... Well u guys where so right!!!

It took some work and figuring out to get here today but thanks to everyone here I finally figured it out, forever grateful! Thanks for educating me.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And thank you for being here.
I'm sure your posts helped someone like me, whether intentionally or not.
Thanks for the uplifting post. And keep following that straight line. It leads to happiness, as you well know.
May things keep getting better for you.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good on you, Lpg
Old 05-27-2019, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats lpg

D
Old 05-27-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Aww, what a nice post.

Congrats! Keep it going.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Ghostlight1 View Post
And thank you for being here.
I'm sure your posts helped someone like me, whether intentionally or not.
Thanks for the uplifting post. And keep following that straight line. It leads to happiness, as you well know.
May things keep getting better for you.
Thank you ghostlight, I hope to help people even if I don't feel very good at it 🙈 it's nice to post the positives too, for people maybe having a rough time like I did to know it gets better.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Love this lpg! Glad to share in your journey.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lpg View Post
Thank you ghostlight, I hope to help people even if I don't feel very good at it 🙈 it's nice to post the positives too, for people maybe having a rough time like I did to know it gets better.
Oh, I think you help people. Posting somethings besides the positives I can often relate to and it makes me feel someone else knows what it's like and I'm not going through this alone.
They also remind me of the bad old days, which I need to be reminded of.
So you're helping, even if you don't realize it.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I hope to help people even if I don't feel very good at it 🙈 it's nice to post the positives too, for people maybe having a rough time like I did to know it gets better.
Just being here and participating in the community helps other people LPG, and your progress forward especially. And you have indeed made a tremendous amount of progress, congratulations! It doesn't always seem like it in the moment, but when you look back at the body of work it's pretty amazing, isn't it?
Old 05-30-2019, 06:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Just being here and participating in the community helps other people LPG, and your progress forward especially. And you have indeed made a tremendous amount of progress, congratulations! It doesn't always seem like it in the moment, but when you look back at the body of work it's pretty amazing, isn't it?
Thank you Scott. Yeah it's super cool, I almost forget how desperately bad I wanted to be sober and feeling disappointed in myself. I'm glad I have posts to reflect back over and see the growth. I feel like a totally different person now to then.....and how patient you guys are that offer the support too. Think I came back about 4 times before I made it stick.

LPG
Old 06-02-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you Scott. Yeah it's super cool, I almost forget how desperately bad I wanted to be sober and feeling disappointed in myself. I'm glad I have posts to reflect back over and see the growth. I feel like a totally different person now to then.....and how patient you guys are that offer the support too. Think I came back about 4 times before I made it stick.

LPG
Looking over our lives, our behaviours and our communications with others over the course of our recoveries reflects intellectual, moral and spiritual growth.

You have done wonderfully, amigo.

Also pat yourself on the back for taking a look back to reflect.

We should all engage in self-examination on a regular basis to make sure we're pointed in a positive direction.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by SoberCAH View Post
Looking over our lives, our behaviours and our communications with others over the course of our recoveries reflects intellectual, moral and spiritual growth.

You have done wonderfully, amigo.

Also pat yourself on the back for taking a look back to reflect.

We should all engage in self-examination on a regular basis to make sure we're pointed in a positive direction.
Thank you SoberCAH, I didn't think of it like that so thank you. I feel lucky to have made it stick and take on board all the support given to me... And not giving up.

Definitely heading in the most positive direction possible these days. Visited a cousin in rehab today and realise how easily it could have been me, I'm going to offer the same support I was lucky to have to my cousin. Im ready to help others best that I can anyway