Notices

Day 10, since another pledge after last relapse

Old 05-02-2019, 12:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Lalacookee

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
It doesn't matter if you eat and drink water during a binge. You're fighting a losing battle due to the side effects of alcohol abuse and alcohol dependence.

It just flushes the water out of your system due to how your kidneys work. The food doesn't get digested properly because your liver will prioritize metabolizing alcohol and alcohol interferes with absorption in your gut anyway.

Just something I read in your post. If you have alcoholism, it doesn't matter what you do other than drink; it will kill you if not treated. In fact, I believe I have liver damage, but I know it will probably get better with abstinence. I'm avoiding the doctor because I can't afford one right now, but if it doesn't go away, I will certainly go in.

I'm sorry to be completely blunt about this, but I don't have much more to offer than brutal honesty right now.
I appreciate your honesty and information thanks. I’m not over a month sober. I’ve cancelled things that I consider a trigger.
i am now working in a pub, which is fine. Gives me a social reason to be there, chat and meet people, locally, without drinking myself.
in changing my relationship with alcohol.

my whole life has changed really in the last month. I wouldn’t swap my new life for my old one, so things are going well! 👍 hope you get to the doctors if you need. Shame it costs. We have the nhs here in the uk, but that’s being pushed out by the tories. 😩take care