Notices

Define Social Drinking

Old 03-23-2019, 04:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Define Social Drinking

Obviously, I don't have a clue what that is or how to do it
Old 03-23-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Heard a great story early on, friend of mine having supper at Red Lobster, watching social drinkers sip those big huge drinks they serve there. Not understanding how people can pay their bill and leave with half a drink sitting there.
Sure explained what the difference is, in a way I could understand.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
sober style

You're free to date whoever you want. From the way you talk, it seems like you might be better off dating a nondrinker!

Re the social drinking, I'll leave all the tricky ins and outs of that glamorous lifestyle to the social drinkers at all their fancy cocktail parties and whatnot. I do envy those tasty little snacks they have though, hard to beat cheese and crackers with a jalapeņo or 3 for flava!
Old 03-25-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I was never a social drinker, unless on vacation. Otherwise it was hidden away after the first glass or two. I always had to get back to work, drink to oblivion in my office.
My husband was a social drinker, 10pm go to a club, order a beer, 2am we're leaving he is finally finishing his beer. I quit drinking, a year later, he is like I am going to quit too. So for 6 months the house has been dry, there's beer and alcohol, which will evaporate long before it gets drank lol.

For him alcohol was part of an outfit, a beer like a watch he might wear. Just there. not important.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Calicofish View Post
I always value your insight, Scott. This was someone I've known for a long time. I don't frequent clubs often, and most of my socializing involves people associated with community events.

I suspect that he does have a drinking problem but doesn't equate his health and sleeping problems to his use of alcohol. I think one of the reasons why the relationship didn't work is because deep down I didn't like his drinking.
I was married when I got sober, so I didn't go through this in the dating context, although my (ex)wife quit for 10 years before starting back.

But I had to come up with new friends, preferably ones who didn't drink since I was so shellshocked that being around it would have played a bad head game on me.

I have to say that it was quite an epiphany to learn that the whole world doesn't commence drinking every time the sun begins to set.

There is a whole world of very fine people who just don't drink.

I'm glad that this heavy drinker is in your rear view mirror.

Who needs that kind of silliness?