Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Wow. A mental dalliance with no alcoholic beer at work.

Notices

Wow. A mental dalliance with no alcoholic beer at work.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
"Obsession." Not just a fragrance from Calvin Klein...
Haha. I actually need to stop checking this thread. It’s doing something weird to my head. Every time I open this thread, my head screams, “NA BEER!!!” So I think I’ll stop checking now.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have no interest in putting the barrel of that gun into my mouth.

Everyone is different, and I pass no judgment on others with their sobriety.

It's just something I wouldn't dream of doing myself.

Because I loved beer, and bourbon, and schnapps, and vodka, and brandy, and cognac and whatever else was in front of me.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
Haha. I actually need to stop checking this thread. It’s doing something weird to my head. Every time I open this thread, my head screams, “NA BEER!!!” So I think I’ll stop checking now.
My AV goes ‘Beer, beer’ in a Homer Simpson voice, lol! I’m like ‘No f@#$ing way, ain’t gonna happen!’.
I don’t get the NA beer thing either - the end goal never was the taste, it always was total obliteration.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mac4711 View Post
My AV goes ‘Beer, beer’ in a Homer Simpson voice, lol! I’m like ‘No f@#$ing way, ain’t gonna happen!’.
I don’t get the NA beer thing either - the end goal never was the taste, it always was total obliteration.
It’s really the only taste I’ve missed out of all the alcoholic drinks I sold my soul to. Probably because it has so many carbs it’s basically liquid bread!
Old 12-14-2018, 06:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Yeah it's not about lack of alcohol content for me but the behaviours it awakens.

When my AV would start to get all gourmand and go on and on about the taste of beer, I'd remind it of the times I drank beer with cigarette butts in it.

Good times.

D
Blech, just remembered the many times I swapped my chew spit can and the beer can.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I still remember the taste of an accidental swig out of the cigarette can.

“Ashy, with a hint of urine and sadness, this vintage brew will really make you regret your life choices. Not recommended.”
Old 12-15-2018, 08:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Grateful

Yeah I've taken my share of swigs off of the wrong can before. Not a fun feeling, especially if I already had way to many beers when when it happened.

As for NA beer...I drank beer 99% of the time and did love the taste, but that didn't explain why I drank beers 4-16. I did go through a stage not too long before my 8 year relapse where I started drinking NA beer. I bought a 6pk and drank 1-2 a day until they were gone. Next time I went to the store I bought a 12pk and they were gone in 3 days and I ended that experiment. It's hard to say if that was related to my relapse as it happened a few months after I stopped drinking the NA beer. But I can say that as much as I liked the taste of beer I liked the effects of beer even better, and I was frustrated when I got to the 3rd or 4th NA beer and that "warm glow" never materialized.