Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Shoes & Ships & Sealing Wax & Cabbages & Kings (a place to talk of many things)

Notices

Shoes & Ships & Sealing Wax & Cabbages & Kings (a place to talk of many things)

Old 02-05-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Hi all some how all of you popped up in front of me first.. maybe I need to be connected to all of you. so much more..
Eddie Lee had a stroke in Nov ..2018... took until Jan 2019 to have all of the things put to rights that he had tried to manage for our bills.. found banks out of order car payments in back payments and insurance not paid for a couple of months.. at least all had helped me put things to rights. and I found we had an item of his Pops that became a God send in a sale of it. know I did the right thing for Charlie smiles every so often over my shoulder..

Kids babes of my heart all of you. what Eddie Lee did to his system as a young person in the 1960's is still haunting him and me so much. like all of you he will be better for a bit. and the time gets shorter and shorter each time.. his tummy is trying to kill him again. have back to back Doc appointments for him for the next week or so..what is happening is the surgery that will happen is... upper part of the stomach is wrapped around the outside of the lower esophagus to strengthen the sphincter. Fundoplication can be performed as an open surgery. we know that this has to happen as the quality of life is becoming so little and most of our life is spent in bed with him resting... have to be careful with what to cook how much he eats what he eats and when. and for the first time he has stopped drinking Mountain Dew. gave it up with Pepis and Coke products. so we are down to home make cold tea .. it help..

prayers to many prayers out there to all of you. and hope that as we chat with each other help in our chatter helps with maybe just a little.. love ardy...
Old 02-05-2019, 09:42 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

I read every day just don't always feel comfortable jumping in but I enjoy it
Old 02-05-2019, 01:43 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

I hope you will keep the thread going.....it is special.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:46 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Well I'm still here too reading every day. Not sure what I have to contribute but I'm always happy to throw my ten penneth on the table (as they say in Yorkshire "Gods own country").

I'm sober. Into Year 2. Had a weird and very out of the blue craving the other day to just 'drink'. I was stressed with something that, in a previous life, would have led me to drinking. Which I didn't but I noted it....I acknowledged its presence...nodded at it. It made me angry until upon reflection I realised "and that's why your an alcoholic".

There is so much distance between me and then. I wonder why I didn't change my life sooner. And then I wonder as I did then "What's it all for, what's it all about" I have never been happier but I do ruminate on the meaning of life and where am I supposed to play a part..or is this it? I think sometimes it's all too much. The internet, social media, Brexit, Trump, plastics et al. We know too much. The days of a hunter gatherer are long gone but have our brains haven't evolved to cope with the load.

Anyhow I didn't have a drink an then I didn't want one anyway. Fleeting.

I would like a new thread please Cow. For everything above we have all joined our energies on this thread .

in the words of Bryan Ferry ....Let's stick together.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:47 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

This remind me of great thing Confucius say: The way out is through the door... why is it no one will use this method.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:12 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Like have others have said, this thread and Cow and all my crone friends are important to me.

I lost my best friend/brother over the holidays. He died in our house while we were away, probably a heart attack, maybe a stroke, and my partner found him when he got home.

It is hard to describe what he meant to me and our family. He took care of all of us, all the time, with love and the biggest heart I have ever encountered (except maybe Glimmer and they died within days of each other). And funny -- the dude was so unbelievably funny (like you are Cow). My sister said he was the funniest person she ever met and she knows Lily.

To have someone love you so much just for who you are does not happen very often. I am adjusting slowly to life after Habib. And Glimmer. Dont take away my crones.

XXX from a cold and grey Belgian day
Old 02-07-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Fooking hell, Drops.

Okay then, Lambchops, we shall carry on.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:13 AM
  # 508 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Just noticed we hit the 500 mark. Last time I left it up to Cow to start an new one should she choose, feel free to do so if you like! I know you like to get creative with the titles so I'll leave that up to you.