Notices

Hard time happening

Old 08-24-2018, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hard time happening

Well, crap.

Gawwwwwd, life is sometimes one kick in the face after another. Stressful job without many (any!) attaboys... kids growing up, and seeing them face adolescent challenges is painful... my siblings are all fighting and fracturing apart, squabbling angrily over my parents' farm/future/inheretance/divorce (and my parents aren't even dead!!!)... I'm scared my siblings and parents will never recover from some of the things being done and said.
It just seems like everything is hard.
EVERY SINGLE night lately, I'm repeating the mantra to myself, "Everything will feel better in the morning."

At least I sleep better since I'm sober. Things generally do feel better in the morning.

But when life bring all of this pain, I do remember why I drank... to numb all of this painful life stuff.

Thanks for letting me come here to pout.

Sobriety strong; no intention of turning back.
441 days, 63 weeks.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Letting it out/letting it go is a much better solution FindingMyNext, good idea to come here and talk it through. One thing that I try sometimes is to make a list of good things that are happening, or a gratitude list, when it seems that everything is bad. Usually it's not - but we tend to bring the bad things to the front of our mind for some reason. I have 3 kids too and sometimes wonder what evil/alien planet they came from, especially the teens or almost teens. But then I remember that I'm pretty lucky to have 3 evil alien beings around - lots of people don't ;-).

Congrats on your 441 days, that's pretty amazing.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry things are tough right now but if there's one thin g I know for sure uits that tough times pass...that an we get better at dealing with them

Congrats on 441 days - that's awesome

D
Old 08-24-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you coming here to vent.

I do it all the time. Thank goodness for SR!

Sober life can be hard. Every day we choose not to take the easy way out. We get up in the morning wide awake and go to bed wide awake. No checking out. It takes courage. It still wears me out emotionally at times.

You are doing a big and beautiful thing by staying sober, it benefits not just you but the world around you. Keep going. We've got your back.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Awesome sober time!