Notices

need some help please

Old 08-22-2018, 05:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You can get free, speed. We look forward to being part of your journey to sobriety & a better life.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I will wake up regretting my night again, but I will remember the kind words here and do my best not to disappoint! I really appreciate the support....I feel like an ass and am ashamed of my lifestyle, but you all make me feel hopeful!
Old 08-22-2018, 06:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by speed39144 View Post
I will wake up regretting my night again, but I will remember the kind words here and do my best not to disappoint! !
You won't regret the decision tonight to dump out the rest of the booze, I can guarantee you that. And you won't regret the positive choices you have made. Tomorrow you can make some more good choices like not getting another bottle, right?
Old 08-23-2018, 06:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Already feeling better than I would have if I'd have kept drinking last night. Looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight for sure
Old 11-09-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

so an update....Day 40 sober! I finally got tired of feeling bad all but 3-4 hrs a day. I was drinking 3/4 to a whole fifth of vodka every night. First 10 days were really tough, had this annoying itching thing going on, but now I feel so much better. I do feel my aches and pains though lol...nothing to numb them. It's ok though, at least I'm feeling now. Your kind words of encouragement were what kept me trying to quit. THANK YOU! I refuse to become a statistic and relapse as I realize now no one but me can pour the alcohol down my throat
Old 11-09-2018, 06:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's wonderful to know that you have 40 days, speed! I'm so glad you updated us. Things will continue to improve - you're doing great.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

40 days wow! You are entering the pink cloud zone. How are you feeling with over a month sober?
Old 11-09-2018, 06:24 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WaterOx View Post
40 days wow! You are entering the pink cloud zone. How are you feeling with over a month sober?
Feeling everything lol. I spent so much time anesthetized I forgot how nice the simple things were in my daily routines.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

speed, what a great update to read!
yeah, I hear you on feeling everything. it IS great, the everything's-real part of s.o.b.e.r, yes?

if I may, a suggestion: keep being engaged here and other places that support you in your sober journey. it seems that it is very very difficult for people to reach out when things are tough if they/we are not already connected on an ongoing level.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I felt like I was high functioning to when I quit but nothing compared to what I have done since. when the brain starts clearing its amazing, it made me feel like a young man again, my imagination came back.
For me it was lots of peaks and valleys of depression but because of this site I always knew there would be another high if only I made it through the valleys. also even the valleys were better than the mornings after blacking out every night.
you can do this, now just hang on.