Tomorrow

Old 06-16-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow

It is way too late now....

... but what can I do tomorrow morning?

Go out and have a ginormous breakfast?

I am desperate.

My daughter is moving in ten days. Without her watch? I will kill myself with booze.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

how about looking for a rehab today, LSNP?
Old 06-16-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The first start is not drinking tomorrow. Plain and simple.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

1. Throw out all the booze right now: no matter how expensive it is. Crack them all open and dump them out.

2. Drink water and go to bed.

3.). Coffee and breakfast sure, then find an AA meeting and sponsor so you have real life, face to face, in person, hold your hand support.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

LSNP,

I worried what would happen to me too when my watchful daughter moved out. Things didn't change for the better or for the worse, actually. I kept on my path of nightly drinking and weekend bingeing for quite some time.

Seven days ago I made the decision to quit again. For no reason aside from wanting to get out of this hole that I've dug for myself.

I don't write this to congratulate myself but to say I understand how it is to have the feeling that the only thing that holds you in some kind of check is your daughter. And that's not true - you have been controlling yourself to whatever extent because you want to do it. You can quit for yourself, if only to be rid of the feelings you have surrounding drinking. It's a start.

I hope to see you around today.

O
Old 06-17-2018, 05:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Lots of good suggestions here already LNSP. Your addiction will try and find any possible excuse to keep you drinking, in this case it's your situation with your daughter - which is indeed a real life issue of course. But the only course of action to take is to stop drinking - now. Waiting until tomorrow is yet another excuse/lie your addiction is trying to make you believe.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am completely sympathetic! I had a full time job, being separated me and my ex husband swapped child care arrangements meaning I only do weekends. Then suddenly made redundant! So I have all week alone as my parter has been working away, to make things worse I had relocated. I totally drowned my sorrows. I’ve always had a alcohol coping mechanism and have drunk a lot in the past on and off. Recently two bottles of wine a day. I’m a week sober now and realise I had to get my life in order or I’m going to loose everything. I have no alcohol in the house! I kept saying I’ll do it tomorrow as I dreaded the withdrawal phase. I’ve been taking long walks and now the sweats and shakes have subsided I realise I can function. I had to cancel two interviews due to ‘I’ll do it tomorrow’ and my embarrassing sweating and shaking. Maybe see Gp for some advice, cbt or anti depressants to help you? Sometimes a big life change of wake up call can be a blessing. I feel your pain. Best wishes
Old 06-26-2018, 12:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amiee View Post
I am completely sympathetic! I had a full time job, being separated me and my ex husband swapped child care arrangements meaning I only do weekends. Then suddenly made redundant! So I have all week alone as my parter has been working away, to make things worse I had relocated. I totally drowned my sorrows. I’ve always had a alcohol coping mechanism and have drunk a lot in the past on and off. Recently two bottles of wine a day. I’m a week sober now and realise I had to get my life in order or I’m going to loose everything. I have no alcohol in the house! I kept saying I’ll do it tomorrow as I dreaded the withdrawal phase. I’ve been taking long walks and now the sweats and shakes have subsided I realise I can function. I had to cancel two interviews due to ‘I’ll do it tomorrow’ and my embarrassing sweating and shaking. Maybe see Gp for some advice, cbt or anti depressants to help you? Sometimes a big life change of wake up call can be a blessing. I feel your pain. Best wishes
Amiee,

Congrats on your week!!

You've done well and you have some good advice here.