Notices

First hand medical detox people chime in!!!

Old 06-01-2018, 12:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

I did mine during my first 10 days of inpatient rehab. It took a while to get through the intake and i started bad withdrawal. Once the valium taper started it was easy.

What are you doing after its finished?
Old 06-01-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ardennes167 View Post
You've only got a few days to go, over here in the UK if we are put on the list for detox we are told to continue drinking. I tried to taper but I'm an alcoholic so that's kind of the problem!

On the morning I went in I didn't have a drink and it took 2 hours by train and taxi to get to the detox unit, I barely made it I was shaking so bad, they immediately gave me a big dose of librium.

Others were turning up practically drunk.

Don't wait for things to happen with the detox, make sure you have a place. Call them.

There was a 5 or 6 week waiting list where I went, but they said if I could go in on 24 hours notice I could take a cancellation, so mid bender I got the phone call, fcking hell what a panic, packing, drinking, drinking, packing, but I dropped everything and got there the next day and once there it was a relief, a sense of "finally, I am here, I am done, I need help".
I live the great state of Kentucky here in the US. The detox center I'm going to is a show up,do your intake and get a bed. I've already been in contact with them!! They are 45min from my house. Your post sounds spot on to what's going to happen in the next few days with myself.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
I did mine during my first 10 days of inpatient rehab. It took a while to get through the intake and i started bad withdrawal. Once the valium taper started it was easy.

What are you doing after its finished?
The detox center is separate from the inpatient rehab that I will be attending. I have already been put on a waiting list for the rehab and I'm considered "high risk" she said. They told me that I should be able to go straight from detox to the rehab....that's my hope anyhow!! It absolutely has to happen in the next few days.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Silver - I got sober at Blount Memorial Hospital in Maryville, Tn.

But they all focus on safe detox - at least the ones which are serious alcohol and drug rehab facilities.

You'll do great.

The devil in the detail is following a program of recovery (in my case, AA) when you get out.

Keep us posted.

We're all happy you have made this decision.

Getting detoxed is something you only have to do once.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I went into hopital after drinking a bottle of vokda, each day for about 3 weeks.
I was in for 6 days. I was surpried at how well it went, they put me on Librium, which did a fantastic job, alleviating so many of the withdrawl syptoms. The staff were great, I didn't want to go home after.
Best of luck
Old 06-03-2018, 07:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm getting closer guys! Packing my apartment today and hopefully I'll be in detox this week!! I'm so ready! My anxiety is over the top about my health and I'm ready to get sober and get healthy!!
Old 06-03-2018, 07:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I have no experience of medical detox but wanted to wish you well.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes Chris

D
Old 06-03-2018, 06:56 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

We're excited for you, cs.

This is a truly great thing you are going for yourself.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

We started downsizing my apartment and I'm things into storage tomorrow. I'm hoping to be in detox by mid/end week. I'm struggling with tapering off and my health anxiety isn't helping. I've had a great partnership with Jesus here lately....I can't do this alone but I know with the good lord and good support I will be able to crush this addiction.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:30 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I was VERY sick at the end of my drinking. I needed medical detox. It was the first step to a new life.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hope all is well csilver. Keep us updated when you can. Looking forward to hearing from you again.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BlueMegaFool View Post
Hope all is well csilver. Keep us updated when you can. Looking forward to hearing from you again.
I have everything squared away and I'm set for medical detox Friday! I'm so nervous and anxious. I've tapered myself off to about half of my normal alcohol intake. I do fine throughout the day but my anxiety goes the the roof at night. I was drinking a fifth every day and now I'm down to half a fifth and maybe a couple beers during the day. I'm really hoping my body isn't damaged too much and I'm not too late to help myself. My health anxiety is getting the best of me.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by csilvers1984 View Post
My health anxiety is getting the best of me.
I thought after 25 years of hard drinkin there was no way I was walking away from this. My last year or so I was drinking 2 liters of brown liquor a day and beer on top of that.

I was a bottom barrel drunk. I was in ICU for a week when I was taken to the hospital.

2 years and some change later, i basically have a clean bill of health. You'll be amazed what our bodies can bounce back from.

Don't believe your head bulls#it right now. It wants to keep you sick. You get scared, come here. We'll get you through it.

2 more days till the war is over man. Stay strong.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:39 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
I thought after 25 years of hard drinkin there was no way I was walking away from this. My last year or so I was drinking 2 liters of brown liquor a day and beer on top of that.

I was a bottom barrel drunk. I was in ICU for a week when I was taken to the hospital.

2 years and some change later, i basically have a clean bill of health. You'll be amazed what our bodies can bounce back from.

Don't believe your head bulls#it right now. It wants to keep you sick. You get scared, come here. We'll get you through it.

2 more days till the war is over man. Stay strong.
That's exactly the response I've needed right now!!
Old 06-21-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hey how did it go for you??
Old 06-21-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

he's in inpatient rehab as of this week or so. i don't think they have access to any internet devices while they're in.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:36 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Please let us know how it goes... I'm hanging by a thread, too, and need to do the same.