Notices

Bittersweet.

Old 04-29-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Here and now

Bittersweet.

On Friday I slipped after 139 days sober. That said it has in a way been a bittersweet experience, I went out and made the conscious choice to buy some beer (I have been going through a lot of life changes, and I let the AV slip into my head). That said, waking up Saturday I said "So that's what I felt I was missing in my life, not as 'good' as I remember it being." Not to mention the hangover.

I have no desire to drink ever again, and to bolster my defenses I will give AA meetings a real chance, and actually commit to changing more routines in my life, which if I'm honest I haven't really done, I was more "White knuckling" my recovery. I will actually attend mindfulness meetings I have been planning to go to ever since I quit again December 8th, 2017. Also yoga as well as continuing my gym sessions. I am counting the slip, so holding me responsible but I am going to consider this a void in my recovery and keep going as if I was still 5 months healed because I know that time is still not wasted. (a bit confusing I know)

I will check in here often too, as similar to my slip last February, that went on till December I kind of distanced myself from SR, I need some accountability.

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2018, 02:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So glad you have a plan to protect your sobriety. I couldn't stop on my own and without the fellowship of AA wouldn't have gotten -- or stayed -- sober. It's a simple plan for complicated people. You can do it: just don't drink one day at a time. Big hug!
Old 04-30-2018, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Ekohe - sounds like you've got some very good specific plans to work on your sobriety and life in general. White knucking is rarely successful - glad you picked up on that and have a more structured path ahead of you. SR is always here too along the way don't forget!
Old 04-30-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Ekohe. Sorry to hear that you slipped but Well Done on 139 days.

Sounds like you have formulated a good plan moving forward.

Hope that you keep us as a part of your plan

Stay close. We care.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Ekohe, sorry to hear of your slip. What’s good is that you want to get straight back to staying sober. I can relate to your post. I had a similar amount of sober time last year. Distanced myself from SR, convinced myself I’m “not like them”.
Back on day 2 after months of one day binges here and there. Good luck let’s make this the last time.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good to get right back on track instead of oh well I already messed up! I did that at 5 months last sober streak- and drank for another 2 years of hell. Good on ya!
Old 05-14-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How is it going?