Notices

Jail based alcohol treatment facility

Old 04-09-2018, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Jail based alcohol treatment facility

I maybe sentenced to 20-days alcohol treatment in a jail based treatment program. To be eligible for this program I'll have to pay $1,000. My question, will I be able to use FMLA for this program.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That would likely be a question for your employer. I would think yes, but you'd need to confirm with them to be sure. Most treatment plans are allowed under FMLA I think, but talk to your human resources dept to make sure.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not sure if its a misdemeanor or a felony. Ask HR.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

HR may be able to answer your question. however the FMLA was enacted to allow eligible employees to take time off for the birth or adoption of a child, to care for a family member or for themselves for a serious health condition. rehab might qualify, but jail time as a result of the condition, i dont think so.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Misdemeanor
Old 04-11-2018, 02:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Did you ask HR yet? Apparently (according to the interweb) if you have any questions regarding your ability to take FMLA leave you can contact your local district DOL office for advice, so that's probably be worth a shot as well.

Regardless of the money side of things, how are you feeling about this whole thing. The 'misdemeanor' (whatever that was), and having to do the jail-based program? Are you feeling resentful over it, or looking at it as a potential blessing?

I swear that in the end I needed to be put in (to be slightly melodramatic about it all) the furnace of affliction. If I was ever gonna change the heat needed to get way up high so I could stand some chance of being changed. Smelter so all the crap could be removed. Kept at a high enough temperature to retain my new shape once the temperature started to go down. But that wasn't a punishment. It was me getting what I needed. God looking after me. And he didn't send me in there alone. He was there with me all the way through - I know that.

This could be the start of some beautiful recovery. New Life.

BB
Old 04-11-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
Did you ask HR yet? Apparently (according to the interweb) if you have any questions regarding your ability to take FMLA leave you can contact your local district DOL office for advice, so that's probably be worth a shot as well.

Regardless of the money side of things, how are you feeling about this whole thing. The 'misdemeanor' (whatever that was), and having to do the jail-based program? Are you feeling resentful over it, or looking at it as a potential blessing?

I swear that in the end I needed to be put in (to be slightly melodramatic about it all) the furnace of affliction. If I was ever gonna change the heat needed to get way up high so I could stand some chance of being changed. Smelter so all the crap could be removed. Kept at a high enough temperature to retain my new shape once the temperature started to go down. But that wasn't a punishment. It was me getting what I needed. God looking after me. And he didn't send me in there alone. He was there with me all the way through - I know that.

This could be the start of some beautiful recovery. New Life.

BB
I am very resentful and feel that it is a blessing. Nothing good has come from my use and nothing will ever. This time I get it, unfortunately, it has taken me multiple DUI'S to finally see that I have a problem, a problem that needs addressed. If I lose my job, then so be it, but I feel that eventually I'll be blessed, as long as I leave the booze alone.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trying to Enjoy Life Now

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
1. This is something you would need to speak with HR about.
2. Provide HR with as little information as possible. I wouldn't even mention rehab.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Tonyt53 View Post
I feel that eventually I'll be blessed, as long as I leave the booze alone.
I think that is a very wise thought Tony. It took me many years to get there but the rewards are many and long lasting.