Notices

some thoughts on my sobriety six months later

Old 04-08-2018, 09:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

A good friend of mine who's a tech guy calls me Timmo 9.2.

Sobriety was 9.0. It was the big version change, but there have been a few since as well.

Everything is different. It suddenly struck me at some point that it was all better. I like the HD experience. EVERYTHING is amplified, the one thing I REALLY had to learn was how to deal with the negative in a totally different way, because the bad also gets amplified.

Numb is dumb tho.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sass and MM,

Great thoughts.

And I love this -- numb is dumb.

Never heard it before.

XX
Old 04-09-2018, 01:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'd like to see it as a butterfly emerging from a chrysalis.. I may still be in the "resting" and figuring things out stage but better things are to come and at least I'm no longer a drunken caterpillar.

Anyway congrats on your 6 months!
Old 08-03-2018, 05:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sass,

Just wanted to check in -- how are you?

XX
Old 08-03-2018, 05:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

great work
Old 08-06-2018, 01:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

i read in another thread she's on vacation, but would also dig a check in.

we gotta look out for each other.

A lot of times, for me, people didn't have to worry about me when i was kicking and screaming about all this, it's when i wasn't and stayed silent that I was becoming dangerous.

i'd rather you all be sick of me complaining then my wife find this on my bookmark and tell you all i was dead because i couldn't reach out.

This is why we are here.

Where you at Sassy?
Old 08-07-2018, 10:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

you've not posted in a few days. Vacation or not i think a few of us are getting concerned about you.

even if something happened and you relapsed, you can come back ...we want you back any way you'll be here.

please check in soon.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Oh gosh, I'm sorry.

I'll try to check in more regularly. It's awesome you guys think of me when I'm not here.

I was on vacation at the end of July but I also don't come here sometimes for periods of time because I'm just not thinking or worrying about drinking. I have tons of other stuff I think and worry about but not my sobriety. It feels impossible for me to relapse. It would be basically sliding a noose around my neck. There's no going back to drinking or I die. I have too much to hope and live for to die, so I don't drink.

That said I do know exactly what it looks like when I don't come here so I'll try not to stay away too long! Love you guys!
Old 08-09-2018, 10:41 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Congratulations! It is really inspiring to hear your story. It gives me hope as I am trying to hang in there through the awkward and tough early stages. Everyone tells me six months is a magical time
Old 08-10-2018, 04:33 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sorry to worry. Being around these rooms for so long, silence is almost never a good sign.

This place needs your experience, strength and hope. As relapse heavy as this place can get, we need the beacons of light and your message is so important.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
Sorry to worry. Being around these rooms for so long, silence is almost never a good sign.

This place needs your experience, strength and hope. As relapse heavy as this place can get, we need the beacons of light and your message is so important.
We need yours too, bulldog. This place is sadly relapse heavy. I don't think about it much but the balance here really is important. How can people have hope if no one provides an example? I do see how easy it is to just drift away when you aren't needing it at much but it's easy to forget that you may not need it...but you are needed by others.