Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Babble On - Cow's Straight Talkin' Salon - Everybody Welcome

Notices

Babble On - Cow's Straight Talkin' Salon - Everybody Welcome

Old 04-16-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Cow, are you actively participating in RT?

Dropsie, glad you’re having an interesting time and avoiding the beer,

TOday is laundry day. I have lots of routine chores to br seen to but and having trouble mustering up the energy, I was not needed for jury duty today,

How’s everyOne this day?

Love from Lenina
Old 04-16-2018, 12:21 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

This weekend was an incredibly massive disaster.
Apparently I am quite a bit sicker than I may have thought.

Anyways, what's new.
I hope everyone else is doing well. And ok. And better.

Love Del
Old 04-16-2018, 12:28 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Hello Gumdrops.

Liza, me too. What go on with you? Full report please.

Drops, I enjoy to hear more of you travels.

Lenina, I too cheap to replace stuff, so room trashing has to remain in imagination only. But yes, I still feel to tear it all down. PS. All you has to do to escape jury duties forever is tell them you recovering alcoholic and/or you has mental disorder.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I’m sorry, Del. Have you found someone in the medical community who is genuinely helpful yet?
Old 04-16-2018, 12:34 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Cow, I could tell the court that and be telling the absolute truth!

But I’ve always kind of wanted to be on jury duty—yet I’ve never been called.

My entire family has been called, even my sons. My husband is medically unable to sit for hours on end, yet they keep calling him year after year! Go figure!
Old 04-16-2018, 01:05 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

((((Del))). I hope you’re taking care of business? I know it’s hard, but it’s worth it. Please stay with us, OK?

I probably serve jury duty more than anyone in LA. About every 16 months and occasionally get called before the 12 months are up. I don’t mind so much, it can be entertaining, but I’m easily amused....seems I usually get civil cases.

Gil, can’t your hubby get a medical excuse? The jury rooms are not comfortable. I think the staff does try to make things nice. There’s free internet now. The on call thing is ok.

Del, we do get recovered, we get well. For years I believed I was too far gone to live a “normal” life. But, I’m peaceful today. Mostly. Having my regular routines keep me between the lines.

My body is not good. This winter weather really beat me up. I believe the Epsom salts soaks are the only thing keeping me able to work. For those among who are bathing adverse....well there’s Magnesium oil you can use. Most of us are magnesium deficient and it’s important. I believe it keeps us calmer. That and Happy Camper. You should ask your doctors if it’s ok.

I’ll post a link.....

I don’t think SR wants me to post links so just google Happy Camper and show your doctor.

Love from Lenina
Old 04-16-2018, 02:01 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hmmm. I not doing so great at taking care of myself Lenina. I try but I just circle the toilet bowl like a lazy half dead fish. Maybe I will epsom salt bath myself tonight.

I don't know the full story is bad. Long story short, you don't take care of yourself well, you might eventually kiss the floor in your sleep.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Del, I know I make folks crazy talking about the importance of self-care. And how it’s important to have Daily routines. These are habits that can help us through the bad times. My beloved sponsor taught me these things during a very Black time in my life. It seemed ridiculously stupid to me at the time.

Like sitting down for breakfast. Writing a gratitude list. 10 positive things about
me. Daily! Making my bed. Again with the Daily! I’m pretty vain so grooming wasn’t so much an issue; face washing,teeth brushing, clean and tidy clothes.

It may seem crazy, but having a basic outline for the day helps. It gives us a sense of structure.

((((Del)))). Make a commitment to yourself and share it with us. Just stick to the basics. No drinking alcohol. No drugs but legal prescriptions. Take meds as ordered. Keep hygiene regime.

How bad can it be?

Love from Lenina
Old 04-16-2018, 02:31 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Half dead fishy is just doing "Course in Circles" and it can be save. Does you have therapist or something, poppet?
Old 04-16-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I usually have decent self care Lenina and I believe I've said it before- but I hear your SR voice in my head when it comes to keeping me and my space clean lol

I have thrown all the other self cares out the window though, yes including drs, groups and supports of any kind. And have hard core reverted back to very bad coping habit/s.

I did some cleaning today though and going to do some work while I'm at home. Back to the freakin drawing board. Back to the first basic. That's the molehill that turned into a mountain.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Del, ok, you’re starting out ahead by having self care. But we need emotional care too. The lists help us focus on the good parts of us! Try to write the 10 positive things about you. I think you’re kind. There’s a start. I believe you want to be better. So try to go from there. Leave the boys alone for a while. (Personal opinion here: they’ve always been more trouble than they’re worth. ) We don’t need men to validate our worth. We don’t have to display for others. Honest.
Much love from Lenina
Old 04-16-2018, 06:04 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

OK so I give up on Course in Miracles, so thinking about joining the Course in Circles.

Del -- I am so sorry you are feeling this way.

Can we help?

I think you great, buys are stupid, and as long as you circle the bowl and not jump in, its a win.

Me, am here in one of the most beautiful cities in the world that is 24 hours away from my home (yes, 24 and that is with good flights) doing stupid work in my hotel room -- talk about a course in circles.

LJ will be happy to hear that I am joing the good habits bandwagon -- or going to try anyway!

So how about that Kendrick Lamar getting the pulitzer prize and Beyonce rocking the world. They must have some damn good habits.

XXX
Old 04-16-2018, 06:42 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

sorry to read of weekend troubles....but it's monday now, so ...so nothing? so what?
so true though trite: you can start change right now.

sunshine, how did it go with hospice?
Old 04-16-2018, 07:38 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Boys are more trouble than they're worth? Buys(sic) are stupid?

I'm getting seriously insulted here.

Perhaps I'm taking it wrong.

I'm not a boy.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:21 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

((((Trach)))). You are a man among men. Rare as Haley’s Comet......we all love y I madly and gladly.

However, my personal experience with early recovery is we are fragile. Men and women, girls and boys. We need to build up our self confidence and learn the value of our self-worth. I think we can so easily get distracted by nearly anything we can lose focus on the Prime Directive. Sobriety.

I threw myself into work and my sponsor kept me busy with assignments. She made me write out lots of stuff, which ch was killler for me as I have ghastly handwriting, Also, she gave me many reading assignments,

What’s going out with you? Xoxoxo

Love from Lenina
Old 04-17-2018, 12:27 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hey. Dee! So good to see you! How’s tricks, my old friend?

Love from Lenina

(PS. I’m not in trouble for crop dusting rainbow, unicorn kittens up in here, am I?)
Old 04-17-2018, 12:32 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lee Lee -

dunno anything about anything...just passing through : LOL

D
Old 04-17-2018, 12:32 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lee Lee -

dunno anything about anything...just passing through LOL

D
Old 04-17-2018, 12:59 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Come on in. I think our darling turtle could use the masculine company here in the Crone Motel!
Old 04-17-2018, 02:50 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

I figured when you said 'boys' you didn't mean either me or Trach, lol