Notices

Becoming in tune with myself

Old 02-16-2018, 12:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lpg

Becoming in tune with myself

Morning all,

Just reflecting over my latest bit of sobriety and I'm loving how iv became so in tune with my body and what it needs and taking care of myself. Before my body was just so numb and I didn't fuel myself correctly ending up malnourished and dehydrated without any desire to want to refuel it, like my brain didn't register it. I'd say it's took the full 3 months since quiting for me to get back in sync and I'm enjoying learning all these new things.

I am still finding things very tough sometimes but finding out all these positive things along the way is definitely encouraging me to keep at it. Hope all is well thanks
Lpg
Old 02-16-2018, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is so good to hear! I am just on hour 43 of sobriety and trying not to crack. I am feeling a difference already but such bad insomnia I want to be sober but routine is hard to break. Any tips for the first few days?!
Old 02-16-2018, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sober style

good going, Lpg! I had similar feelings about my body, like even though I'd mistreated it for years, it hadn't given up on me and was ready to join me in better endeavors going forward.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can relate. I am only on day 45 but my eating habits have improved dramatically. I have more physical energy and have even started to rehab
an old shoulder injury. I still struggle with the emotional pendulum of new-
found sobriety, but feel that this time I can finally do it.

Your post encourages me LPG. Keep it up, and keep moving forward.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It really does just keep getting better! I've been meditating to help me sleep (started doing this out of desperation honestly) and now have been sleeping better than I did even before the drinking. Which I'm really happy about since I was actually concerned it might be a permanent thing sober. So that's just a start but I feel like I can now go on to tackle other things like cooking and getting into a better routine and all of that..
Old 02-16-2018, 11:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Ckel813 View Post
That is so good to hear! I am just on hour 43 of sobriety and trying not to crack. I am feeling a difference already but such bad insomnia I want to be sober but routine is hard to break. Any tips for the first few days?!
Well done keep going its worth it, keep yourself occupied! I know when I first quit I felt exhausted my body and mind was in bits so I slept plenty then I began taking long walks, eating well and drinking plenty water, visiting family more, going for coffee and also I attended AA, and posting here plenty loads of people have great advice here.

AA has been great for me I had a few wobbles where I didn't want to be there but now I'm going and listening properly I'm learning so much, a room full of people who understand you is a special feeling.

I think I know now that poisoning my body and brain with a liquid that doesn't agree with me is simply out of the question now, like a guy told me in aa yesterday that I quite liked, if you had a peanut allergy that could kill you you wouldn't stuff your mouth with peanuts.

Good luck keep up that hard work your worth it and life becomes more peaceful. Hope this helps Lpg
Old 02-16-2018, 11:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Stellar45 View Post
I can relate. I am only on day 45 but my eating habits have improved dramatically. I have more physical energy and have even started to rehab
an old shoulder injury. I still struggle with the emotional pendulum of new-
found sobriety, but feel that this time I can finally do it.

Your post encourages me LPG. Keep it up, and keep moving forward.
Well done on day 45 👏
I'll be honest my eating has went from one end of the scale to the other, other being non stop eating haha but if it keeps me sober hey I'm all for it I have years to make up for.
Ah yes I understand the emotional thing, I have been super emotional it's abit of a roller-coaster but it's also nice to feel emotion after so long of drowning them. It's completely natural to feel them and you learn so much about yourself as a person dealing with them as your true self. I hope your shoulder is better soon also. Well done keep up the good work you can do it!
Lpg
Old 02-16-2018, 11:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Cosima11 View Post
It really does just keep getting better! I've been meditating to help me sleep (started doing this out of desperation honestly) and now have been sleeping better than I did even before the drinking. Which I'm really happy about since I was actually concerned it might be a permanent thing sober. So that's just a start but I feel like I can now go on to tackle other things like cooking and getting into a better routine and all of that..
I tried meditation for sleep too and I have to say it did help, I didn't struggle too much on the sleep side my body seemed to need alot of it in the early days. I have to say I am such an early riser nowadays too up at the crack of dawn but I love that about soberity. I have found aa a great help too, as I said in a previous post I found it difficult to begin but now I look forward to meetings. Talking to people who understand me is a wonderful thing we don't have to do this alone.

Keep up the good work Lpg
Old 02-16-2018, 11:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
good going, Lpg! I had similar feelings about my body, like even though I'd mistreated it for years, it hadn't given up on me and was ready to join me in better endeavors going forward.
It's great I love that I understand my body more I was so out of sync with myself that I didn't even know when I was hungry or thirsty or tired. Now I can refuel its great I'm getting the most out of my days as I have more energy. Even my skin problems are getting better and I think it's partly because I'm less malnourished! Bonus!

Log