Notices

My AV is still out to play

Old 02-11-2018, 08:50 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
your post is so appreciated. Because my weight is already trending where it should and Easter is only 49 days away. There's an awesome sweet bread I want to make! I'm keeping things so structured and tracking everything. The upside is that the rest of the family is now getting these really nice wholesome complete meals...

If I could maintain a healthy weight but still eat fun sometimes I'd feel like I had it all, especially with sobriety in my pocket.

my other thinking was...even if a food indulgence did translate to some weight gain, it sure doesn't have the dangerous and destructive quality that alcohol does, unless a person is seriously anorexic, bulimic, or dangerously overweight. None of which applies to me.
But strict food "rules" is how eating disorders get a foothold - especially with obsessive types.

I have a daily calorie goal for weight maintenance. I've logged food and exercise for a very long time; over a decade - so I know the number that keeps me at this body weight.

At least once a week I over-eat that number by at least double. So, my number to hit is 1700 and at least once a week I eat 3500. That's an extra pint of B&J's Half-Baked, or it could be a loaf of French bread and peanut butter, a bag of chips, a pack of Nutter Butters or a small box of good chocolate...I haven't gained any weight at all in years with this practice. One day a week isn't going to translate into weight gain. It just doesn't...as long as the rest of the time there is a consistent intake.

It's a great science project. I think you'll like it.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:56 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

You're right! It does feel like a project! I was glad I eliminated all stressors this weekend to focus on it.

I am keeping things rigid but not restrictive for now, just getting out of my self medication mode. I was using sugar in my old drinking pattern, fasting until afternoon, carving out time by myself, and binging on sugar. Even with gym days that kind of pattern is not going to lead to health. It was clearly a way for the addicted part of my brain to try to get its "fix."

Just trying to set new brain and eating patterns, knowing how much psychological work that is, I cleared the weekend and man, its nice to relax and not have a packed schedule while doing this.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:16 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Sugar is hard to cut out. It's in everything. I've switched to a low calorie ice cream. I swear I'm having withdraw symptoms. My first 6 months of sobriety I drank 5 sodas a day. Now I have not had one in 2 or 3 years. I'm going to try to eliminate ice cream next. Gonna be hard. I guess I'll pray about it. Worked with alcohol.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Do not give up, work on yourself and everything will be OK!!You can do it!