Notices

Funny story...

Old 01-31-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Funny story...

One of my friends came by my office today. She is someone I use to drink a lot with. We are still great friends. Anyway.... She was at the bar last weekend and when the bar closed she invited the bar to her house for an after party of beer pong! LOL She got so wasted and blacked out. She finds out a couple of days later that she had texted someone about a person that was at her house and that person left with someone that wasn't their spouse and then proceeds to text everything that everyone was saying about the person she was texting. She gets a call from the spouse of the woman that left with a different man asking what in the hell was going on and my friend was like.... "what"! I don't know what you are talking about!" Then she read her texting session and nearly had a heart attack! ROFLMAO I sure don't miss that! Here's to 38 days!
Old 01-31-2018, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ouch.
Proof again, if we needed it, that too much alcohol trumps good judgement every time.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

At least texts leave a record so we can go back and "catch up" on what we did.

I'd usually put my cell phone away when I drank. Problem was when someone called the home phone, or I'd choose to call someone and black out I'd be left wondering . . .
Old 01-31-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've done some stupid stuff on social media or by text when drunk and didn't realize it till the next day. When she told me that story I was thinking that I was so glad it wasn't me this time!
Old 01-31-2018, 01:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It was messaging that ended my drinking career. I knew it the day I quit and in conjunction with the shakes, sweats and humiliation, I felt relief.

I'm glad I humiliated myself that day. Could've been a worse bottom.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBug66 View Post
I've done some stupid stuff on social media or by text when drunk and didn't realize it till the next day. When she told me that story I was thinking that I was so glad it wasn't me this time!
That's what I was thinking as I read it too.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I use to drunk dial friends and business associates and hold them hostage with my drunkaloges. I had to make amends for that to many. I lost people like that. Just stupid insane crap this disease puts us through before it kills us. It's sickening.

Congrats on 38 days and keep going. Your doing fine Ladybug.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One of the many reasons I got off Facebook, ladies and gentlemen

At the height of my drinking career I'd routinely do 'damage control', which involved all social media and texts the day after. Good to be in the rear-view mirror.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Man, drinking is really embarrassing.

I'm so glad I don't have to embarrass myself any more as a lifestyle. Jeez, what a way to live.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks -- we need to be reminded.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBug66 View Post
One of my friends came by my office today. She is someone I use to drink a lot with. We are still great friends. Anyway.... She was at the bar last weekend and when the bar closed she invited the bar to her house for an after party of beer pong! LOL She got so wasted and blacked out. She finds out a couple of days later that she had texted someone about a person that was at her house and that person left with someone that wasn't their spouse and then proceeds to text everything that everyone was saying about the person she was texting. She gets a call from the spouse of the woman that left with a different man asking what in the hell was going on and my friend was like.... "what"! I don't know what you are talking about!" Then she read her texting session and nearly had a heart attack! ROFLMAO I sure don't miss that! Here's to 38 days!
I had a similar experience three years ago except I essentially "outed" myself by an unfortunate "group text." Next thing I know two women who never met are texting back and forth and I was busted. Dark times.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I was walking home at noon one Sunday blackout drunk and decided to go for a haircut. Mid way through the haircut I passed out in the barber’s chair. When I woke up I staggered home and went to bed.
I woke up on Monday morning a shaking wreck. While trying to shave I looked in the mirror and noticed I had HALF a haircut. Lieterally half of my head had a short back and sides and the other half was long. Wasn’t funny at the time.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wow a real life reality TV show and the best part is you're the spectator for a change